Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

I honestly can't see the show having a good outcome. They introduce new characters a lot. Eventually, the new characters are going to replace the characters we're accustomed to and it'll kinda be like starting from square one. Only, we'll still be in the same mess......only somehow worse. It's dark and doesn't pull it's punches, which to me is refreshing from a lot of what's churned out now a days.

gorefan1428

Quote from: L-Face on March 17, 2013, 03:29:36 PM
I honestly can't see the show having a good outcome. They introduce new characters a lot. Eventually, the new characters are going to replace the characters we're accustomed to and it'll kinda be like starting from square one. Only, we'll still be in the same mess......only somehow worse. It's dark and doesn't pull it's punches, which to me is refreshing from a lot of what's churned out now a days.

I think that is a very possible outcome down the road, feel like Carl will take over in later seasons though and maybe leave him with another familiar face.

The reason i say there is a chance it could end in a positive way is because it seems like every zombie related film iv ever seen ends in a bad or negative way. Just feel like the show writers might wanna do something different at the end and end on a positive note, since the show seems to break away from other norms such as killing off main characters ect.

DeraiLer

Tonights episode was pretty much time filler. Nothing much was advanced. Little of interest. I guess they just needed to stretch out the season. Oh well. Next week looks good.

L-Face

Considering it ended the way it did, I'd say Andrea is proper fucked. I won't be shedding any tears. Also, it's official. The Governor is now a post apocalyptic Bond villain.

Doomed Knight

haha, it seems she's going to be the tortur test.

but meh, the way I see it she won't even die...

can't she try?

Dorkus

I will say this season has the potential for the best season finale yet.

Doomed Knight

L-Face

While that picture is mildly amusing, that's kind of how the zombie medium has always been. Ever since the original Night of the Living Dead. It was social commentary. In a time of crisis, could people pull together, or would they make the same mistakes they made before the outbreak? It's a good dynamic/formula. Since it's not broken, no need to fix it.

DeraiLer

Walking Dead writers, stop offing the interesting characters and start offing the dead weight weak ones!

L-Face

Well, they kinda did that too......Ben's gone.

But yeah, R.I.P Merle. Also, there was a pretty nice nod to Dawn of the Dead in last night's episode.  [*thumbsup*]

DeraiLer

Merle was one of the best things on the show now he is gone. This show could benefit from him, Shane and a couple other characters that brought life to the show.

Doomed Knight

yeah, RIP Merle, you were one of my fave semi-antagonist

L-Face

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 26, 2013, 12:35:35 AM
Merle was one of the best things on the show now he is gone. This show could benefit from him, Shane and a couple other characters that brought life to the show.
I agree. Though, there's still a lot of fleshing out being done. Seems Rick has finally snapped out of his shit, Michonne had some nice moments with Merle, Carol is nutting up, etc. Some really good moments from last night's episode. Also, the Governor just being animalistic as fuck in his beat down of Merle was pretty terrifying.

Doomed Knight

can't wait for next week. I really want to know how the Gorvenor will die.

Quote from: L-Face on March 26, 2013, 04:48:00 AM
Also, the Governor just being animalistic as fuck in his beat down of Merle was pretty terrifying.

and how furioust and sad Daryl was as he beats down his brother, that was, I wouldn't say terrifying, but it sure was sad.

gorefan1428

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 26, 2013, 12:35:35 AM

Merle was one of my favorite characters. He had the potential and was in this episode a great anti hero which to me is one of the most interesting character types in any movie, book, or show ect.. Sure you need good and bad but i believe those in the middle are most entertaining. What are they going to do next? Will they do something to redeem themselves or will they sink ever closer to the dark side?
   There was such character depth there and a well acted character on top of it.  Can't quite grasp why the writers would do such a thing. In my mind it has to be some sort of money issue otherwise why? I can not think of one other logical reason.