Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

Quote from: gorefan1428 on April 12, 2013, 04:33:01 PM
any one else find the season finally sort of lack luster?

compared with season 2 when all hell broke lose at the farm, i sort of found this one dull.
Nah, I didn't think the season 3 finale was lackluster at all. Thing is, if they keep having hell break loose and main characters dropping left and right at the end of a season, it's going to get stale. Te finale gave us a bit of a bitter sweet ending because or now, the prison group can finally relax for a moment. Though, the Governor could pop back up at any time during season 4, so he's still very much a threat. I like it.

gorefan1428

Quote from: L-Face on April 13, 2013, 04:41:45 AM
Quote from: gorefan1428 on April 12, 2013, 04:33:01 PM
any one else find the season finally sort of lack luster?

compared with season 2 when all hell broke lose at the farm, i sort of found this one dull.
Nah, I didn't think the season 3 finale was lackluster at all. Thing is, if they keep having hell break loose and main characters dropping left and right at the end of a season, it's going to get stale. Te finale gave us a bit of a bitter sweet ending because or now, the prison group can finally relax for a moment. Though, the Governor could pop back up at any time during season 4, so he's still very much a threat. I like it.

I see your point and it is logical. I just felt like their was a lot of build up towards something huge and the ending sort of fizzled.  Sort of like lighting a firecracker as a kid and when the wick goes out all you get is smoke and no boom.

DeraiLer

Nah, I didn't think the season 3 finale was lackluster at all. Thing is, if they keep having hell break loose and main characters dropping left and right at the end of a season, it's going to get stale.

But main characters DID drop off at seasons end. We lost Andrea, Merle, Milton and Ben! Good god man we lost BEN!!!

Cancel the series now. [*browwink*]

KennyThaKilla

Ben! Oh the horror!  [*laugh*]

Merle: Technically, we lost Merle in the first season, so losing his racist ass again was a bonus.

Milton: I never liked that skeevy looking prick in the first place, so good riddance to the Governor's #1 yes-man. He tried to redeem himself by burning up the Walkers, but in my book, that didn't make up for the rest of the shit he turned a blind eye to.

Andrea: The only true main character of the three, and that bitch had it coming. It was only fitting that she was done in by a Pedobear Walker. I nodded my head in acceptance when her self-inflicted head shot rang out.   

DeraiLer

Merle and milton were some main characters this season. If you only use the template of characters being main ones because they were in all the seasons then it's just Rick and Carl. Each season brings new characters to the forefront and Merle to me was a main character in season 3.

L-Face

Quote from: DeraiLer on April 14, 2013, 07:02:11 AM
Nah, I didn't think the season 3 finale was lackluster at all. Thing is, if they keep having hell break loose and main characters dropping left and right at the end of a season, it's going to get stale.

But main characters DID drop off at seasons end. We lost Andrea, Merle, Milton and Ben! Good god man we lost BEN!!!

Cancel the series now. [*browwink*]
What I mean is a mass slaughter like at the end of season 2. In comparison, Season 3 had less main character deaths. Also, I cry myself to sleep every night due to Ben's death. R.I.P Ben.  [*cry*]

KennyThaKilla

I'm not saying that Merle and Milton weren't important characters this season, I'm just saying that compared to others, they were more like supporting cast. Andrea's death had much more of an impact and much more meaning, imo.

Btw... Rick, Carl, Daryl, Glenn, and Carol are the peeps who are still alive and kickin' from the first season. 

L-Face

Quote from: KennyThaKilla on April 14, 2013, 11:51:34 AM
I'm not saying that Merle and Milton weren't important characters this season, I'm just saying that compared to others, they were more like supporting cast. Andrea's death had much more of an impact and much more meaning, imo.
I don't agree with that, at least, not fully. Milton, I'll give you. But Merle? Nah. When Merle's hand was revealed in Season 1, from that point on people were wondering, "Is he going to show back up?" But for Andrea, I can't speak for everyone, but I fucking HATED her as a character. Everytime she was on screen I was hoping it would cut to another scene. But for every episode Merle wasn't on, I was wondering when or if he'd show up. So for me, his death was a much bigger loss from a fan standpoint where as Andrea's death simply had my singing, "Nana na na. Nana na na. Hey hey hey. Goodbye." Also doesn't hurt that I'm interested to see how Daryl progresses over time knowing that his brother became a walker and that he was the one that had to put him down.

So for me, Merle had a bigger impact than Andrea, who became major player. Kinda funny.

KennyThaKilla

That's what I mean - everyone wanted that bitch dead, so when it finally happened, it was much more satisfying than when the racist pig got his.  [*winkgrin*] 

But I see what you're saying.

DeraiLer

Hey! Racist pigs need love too!

L-Face

Quote from: KennyThaKilla on April 14, 2013, 12:03:21 PM
That's what I mean - everyone wanted that bitch dead, so when it finally happened, it was much more satisfying than when the racist pig got his.  [*winkgrin*] 

But I see what you're saying.
You know what, I've learned to deal with racism. Everyone is racial, whether they want to admit it or not. Merle being racist? Fine, whatever. He had some redeeming qualities that made him an endearing character and that's why people rooted for him. That and they hoped a bit of Daryl rubbed off on him. And in the end, it did. Racist or not, he let the black chick go and gave the group a fighting chance. That's what made him a great character. Michael Rooker was the perfect choice for Merle.

DeraiLer

The cracker above me is right.

KennyThaKilla

Michael Rooker is a great actor. But root for Merle? First I've heard of it. That guy was a piece of shit throughout and about the only endearing quality he had was that he let Michonne go and finally did the right thing for once in his miserable life. Micheal Rooker - awesome. Merle - not so much. I'm glad the bastard's dead.

gorefan1428

Quote from: KennyThaKilla on April 14, 2013, 01:05:44 PM
Michael Rooker is a great actor. But root for Merle? First I've heard of it. That guy was a piece of shit throughout and about the only endearing quality he had was that he let Michonne go and finally did the right thing for once in his miserable life. Micheal Rooker - awesome. Merle - not so much. I'm glad the bastard's dead.

I rooted for merle and would have much rather seen a handful if not most of the other characters go than him. There is so much that could have been done with merle from week to week ,nothing quite like a good redemption story line with an anti hero sort of type.

L-Face

In the end, though, I think he got his redemption. Which kind of made his death more bearable than Dale's death in season 2. Still not cool with that.  [*no*]