Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

Figure since we now have a TV section and I've seen this show brought up a few times, I'd make the thread so we can chit chat about it. 

Right now, the Walking Dead is the only reason I even bother turning on my TV. To me, it's the only thing worth watching anymore and I'm super hyped for it's return this Sunday. The first portion of Season 3 started off amazingly and there were episodes that very well could have worked for season finales. I'm eager to see whether or not they can keep the pace they established going.

DrumrbaxJ

When they killed her off I was so, so, so happy. It made my day.

L-Face

Honestly, I think she redeemed herself in her death. Yeah, she was a bit of a bitch, but didn't annoy me anywhere near as much as Andrea has. Honestly waiting/hoping she's killed off soon. She's insufferable.

Crash Dummie

I haven't watched the 3rd season yet, but here are my thoughts about the show.

I love it. Then, when the episode is over, I realize it was sort of stupid, with bad dialogues, and that it went nowhere.

Then I watch the next one, and I love it again. Because zombies I'd guess.

DrumrbaxJ

Was trying to avoid spoilers, L. Haha. But you're right. Blondie needs a smack in the mouth and to be woken up. Or for Darryl to shoot her in the face with his crossbow.

L-Face

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 06, 2013, 12:29:00 AM
Was trying to avoid spoilers, L. Haha. But you're right. Blondie needs a smack in the mouth and to be woken up. Or for Darryl to shoot her in the face with his crossbow.
I modded the post to avoid spoilers. But yeah, Andrea needs to just go. If Daryl did end up shooting her, it'd be payback for the time she shot him and I'd be ok with that.

DrumrbaxJ

Touche.
And I believe Darryl has become the most interesting and "root for" guy on the show. He was always going to be one of the most interesting, having had to leave his brother behind and travelling with the people that would have doomed him to death.

L-Face

Definitely. Though, I'm still partial to Rick despite his more recent actions. Kinda hard to hate the guy that the show started with and you've been following for this long. I really dig the relationship he has with Daryl, where if Rick needs something, all he has to do is nod and Daryl knows exactly what he's talking about. It's a slick dynamic.

Dorkus

I just think Rick is really unlikeable for some reason.

I liked Shane. I know I wasn't supposed to and he was a homewrecker/murderer/attempted rapist, but his policy was basically "get your fucking shit together, it's the end of the world here" and I respected that. He said the farm wasn't safe whilst everyone else was playing grab-ass and what do you know? He was right.

And I just hate that Rick kills people willy nilly when he would have called Shane out on the same thing. I know there are better intentions when Rick does it, but murder is murder.

Shadow

Walking Dead is pretty much the only reason I watch any television anymore, sort of like L. The plot and character development is top notch, I think.

Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 04:16:21 AMI just think Rick is really unlikeable for some reason
L and I were talking about this not too long ago... I feel the same way. My problem with him is that whenever his group is in need of something, he'll beg and plead and cry for them all... but when someone not from the group, with less than them, attempts to do the same thing he tries to act like some hardass. He needs to pick a side and stick with it- either be the caring guy, or the asshole.

As for Andrea... she's nothing more than a power hungry cock sucker (literally). Every dude she comes across that has power she latches on to like a leech. Wouldn't surprise me if she'd have latched onto Rick if she'd of been given the chance. Not to mention she has this complex to her where she constantly needs to throw herself out there as Xena or something, while simultaneously either failing or putting others in danger.

And I think the same as most people: Darryl kicks ass, and is my favorite character.  Carl is kind of growing on me now, too.

Almost wish they would find a way to add Clementine to the show, but I doubt that'd happen. Nor should it, probably.

HorrorMovieFan

I can't wait for the next episode this sunday

Dorkus

I should mention that I really like The Governor, so maybe my sense of morality is a bit skewed.  [*uhoh*]

Shadow

Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 04:42:50 AMI should mention that I really like The Governor, so maybe my sense of morality is a bit skewed.  [*uhoh*]
I like him in the sense that he is a really good villain. He can play to peoples' fears and hopes and sway them with just a few simple words... he's decisive and always has a plan/trick up his sleeve. Theoretically he would make a perfect leader, were it not for the whole evil thing.

L-Face

Quote from: Shadow on February 06, 2013, 04:40:04 AM
Walking Dead is pretty much the only reason I watch any television anymore, sort of like L. The plot and character development is top notch, I think.

Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 04:16:21 AMI just think Rick is really unlikeable for some reason
L and I were talking about this not too long ago... I feel the same way. My problem with him is that whenever his group is in need of something, he'll beg and plead and cry for them all... but when someone not from the group, with less than them, attempts to do the same thing he tries to act like some hardass. He needs to pick a side and stick with it- either be the caring guy, or the asshole.

As for Andrea... she's nothing more than a power hungry cock sucker (literally). Every dude she comes across that has power she latches on to like a leech. Wouldn't surprise me if she'd have latched onto Rick if she'd of been given the chance. Not to mention she has this complex to her where she constantly needs to throw herself out there as Xena or something, while simultaneously either failing or putting others in danger.

And I think the same as most people: Darryl kicks ass, and is my favorite character.  Carl is kind of growing on me now, too.
The bolded: I've literally never seen it that way. At all. Anytime he's needed anything, he did his damnedest to convince the people to help him and realize that his group could be a help to them in return. As far as him being a murderous psychopath goes? Every one of his murders has been justified, unlike Shane. Otis didn't deserve to die. But the bandits Rick killed in the bar? It was obvious they were going to try something. Same with when he killed Shane.

Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 04:42:50 AM
I should mention that I really like The Governor, so maybe my sense of morality is a bit skewed.  [*uhoh*]
I find it funny you say that when he and Rick aren't so different.

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 05:22:32 AMThe bolded: I've literally never seen it that way. At all. Anytime he's needed anything, he did his damnedest to convince the people to help him and realize that his group could be a help to them in return. As far as him being a murderous psychopath goes? Every one of his murders has been justified, unlike Shane. Otis didn't deserve to die. But the bandits Rick killed in the bar? It was obvious they were going to try something. Same with when he killed Shane.
He does do his damnedest when he and his group have their backs to the wall... no doubt about it. But seems as if every time he finally gets into that spot that he wants, he shoots down everyone (figuratively, not literally) in the same position that they themselves were just in.

Also, I never said he was a murderous psychopath. All the people he killed had it coming and then some.