Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

It's kind of what I was saying earlier in the thread. This season seems to be all about redemption. In the way Merle went out, he was redeeming himself and ultimately, he sacrificed himself in order to give the Prison group a better chance at surviving against the Woodbury group. What makes that moment bittersweet is no one in the prison group, more specifically Daryl, won't know of his sacrifice.

DeraiLer

They might piece it together. Maybe the Governor tells Andrea of the ambush by Merle. Maybe Martinez has a scene with Daryl while trying to kill each other where he blurts it out.

L-Face

When you put it like that, that'd make what Merle did seem even more worth while. Giving Daryl that one moment where he knows that Merle put someone else before himself. That is, of course, providing they don't kill Daryl off too.

Doomed Knight

that'd be the end of TWD.

DeraiLer

Entertainment weekly had a photo of Daryl and it said "Please feel free to kill anyone but THIS guy"

DeraiLer

Hmm not really the kind of big bang I expected for a finale. More like a shifting of the teams and a couple of big character kills I didn't expect. Carl I am really liking. Fucker took no chances and I gotta agree with him the way that kid was bringing the gun to him was too risky. He should have lowered it to the ground, not continue to hold it and walk towards Carl. I thought he was making a play to grab Carl. I enjoyed the episode but was expecting more. Oh well, looks to be on track for more good story ahead.

L-Face

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

About fucking time!

KennyThaKilla

I'm glad the bitch is dead, but I feel kinda cheated that...

***SPOILERS******SPOILERS******SPOILERS***

...the governor got away scott-free. There's no way in hell that the two guys he decided not to slaughter wouldn't have plugged him in the back of the head when he was finished with his Tony Montana moment. It should have been pretty obvious to them that he's psychotic and can't be trusted. [*no*]

DeraiLer

And where the hell did he go? He didn't return to the city and didn't go to the prison. It was dark when Rick finally got to the city and took the townsfolks back with him.

He should have taken the city now that he outmans the Governor and his two men. Not go back to his blown to shit prison.

KennyThaKilla

Idk, we're going to have to ponder that for the entire hiatus.  [*angry*]

I think the prison is easier to defend from walkers - and people, if properly fortified. That's probably why they chose to stay there.

DeraiLer

True. Prison walls over buses blocking a street is still much safer. Rick should utterly clean out woodsburys supplies, if he hasn't already. They can work on getting showers and plumbing working and make a garden around the prison for food.

Doomed Knight

I still haven't seen it... T_T

KennyThaKilla

I'm bummed that there was no episode to watch yesterday. Gonna be jonesin' hardcore for the next six months.  [*cry*] 

What I don't get is why AMC continues to keep fucking with a good thing; first they get rid of show creator Frank Darabont midway through season two, now they've kicked out the guy that replaced him (Glen Mazzara), who did a pretty damn good job of taking up the reins. The ratings are the highest they've ever been, making TWD the #1 dramatic series in basic cable history. How you can fuck with that recipe for success is beyond me.

gorefan1428

any one else find the season finally sort of lack luster?

compared with season 2 when all hell broke lose at the farm, i sort of found this one dull.

Doomed Knight