Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorefan1428

Quote from: L-Face on April 19, 2013, 07:44:23 PM
In the end, though, I think he got his redemption. Which kind of made his death more bearable than Dale's death in season 2. Still not cool with that.  [*no*]

dale's death was the one for me that made me think oh shit they could kill off anyone at any time.

i figured he would be around for a while.

Doomed Knight

finaly watched it!!!

Governor is fucked up, still alive so we might see him again.

I didn't mind Andrea's Death.

Rick seems to be back.

I can't wait for next Season.

Quote from: gorefan1428 on April 23, 2013, 02:44:50 PM

dale's death was the one for me that made me think oh shit they could kill off anyone at any time.

i figured he would be around for a while.

yeah, that's why they made us think Andrea had a chance to live at the end, but nope. she dead

Shadow

Quote from: DeraiLer on April 01, 2013, 10:41:45 PMHmm not really the kind of big bang I expected for a finale. More like a shifting of the teams and a couple of big character kills I didn't expect. Carl I am really liking. Fucker took no chances and I gotta agree with him the way that kid was bringing the gun to him was too risky. He should have lowered it to the ground, not continue to hold it and walk towards Carl. I thought he was making a play to grab Carl. I enjoyed the episode but was expecting more. Oh well, looks to be on track for more good story ahead.
Finally got around to seeing the last few episodes that I had missed. And I pretty much have to say I agree with all of this. The ending, while I wouldn't call it a flop, definitely didn't do anything for me. No real resolution- Gov got away, and now we have new fodder in the group for next season's first few episodes, whoop de doo.

That kid did look a little shady "surrendering" to Carl. Could have just dropped the gun, but no "I'm just going to stand around and not do what the guy with the gun pointing at me is saying." Can't say that I blame Carl, especially since the baby was with them. Although you can definitely tell that his attitude is changing for the worse. That should be an interesting spin on teenage angst, eh?

I'm glad that they finally did something with Milton, other than letting him swing from the Governor's sac by the mouth. I always figured he would turn things around, and he did. Good for him.

Andrea. She's a weird character for me. She goes from being likable sometimes, to an oblivious cunt in others. To be honest, I kind of liked that yo-yo action with her; it worked. And she did get to redeem herself too, in the end, which I also enjoyed.

Merle going probably bugged me the most out of all of them, because he was right the whole time. He's pigeon-holed into doing the dirty work for others because they're too chickenshit to do it themselves, and when he tries to redeem himself for it, he gets killed off. Good one Rick. Another thing that bothered me was it seemed so ineffective- by the next episode no one even bothered remembering him... even Daryl didn't seem all that bummed out about it anymore.

Overall, a decent few episodes to end the season, although it ended with more of a whimper than a bang. Pretty much every character was touched on by the end of it except for Beth, but what else is new. Wonder what will be going down in season 4... the way it ended left it basically with anything that we could imagine, with no hint of what's to come as far as I can tell.

Dorkus

Yeah, I recently saw the finale too. Nothing great but I liked that what I wanted to happen (Ricks group merging with Woodsbury) happened, and I'm glad we'll hopefully have The Governor as the big bad for another season.

And for as much shit as I was giving Rick, I have to admit that he redeemed himself for me with his speech to the group at the end of the Merle dieing episode and for helping out Woodbury. Carl seems to be becomming the new shades of grey character.

On a sidenote, I watched The Mist last week and I forgot that it has 3 WD stars (Andrea, Dale and Carol) in it.

gorefan1428

ugh October is so far away  [*angry*]

Shadow

Three and a half more months!

On a side note, I wonder how many of these new people joining the group are going to die in the first episode, if any.

gorefan1428

id say some will die first episode just to get people pumped about whats ahead.

L-Face

Something to wet your whistles:

HorrorMovieFan

I can't wait for it to come back on

L-Face

Man, been a while since this thread got updated. Been a while since I've posted here. At any rate, Season 4 tomorrow! Can't fucking wait. The trailers have looked great. Hopefully some loose ends will be tied, while at the same time, they'll sate the appetite the gore hounds have.

KennyThaKilla

Waiting patiently, even though Rick's pointing a gun at my head.  [*yes*]

Crash Dummie

I have a love/hate relationship with this show. When it's good, it's really fucking good.

But the rest of the time, it's pointless bickering and characters being mishandled. Michonne is nothing more than a frown and a "Magical Negro" achetype, and Andrea's treatment was infuriating in season 2. She spends two seasons become a badass zombie stabbing independent woman, and at the end, she's being bossed around by men, and she can't kick a zombie or kill it with the plyers she had in her free hand because the script said so.

That said, I still watch and enjoy the show all around, and I'm curious to see where they're going with the super swine flu in season 4.

Shadow

I kind of liked how they handled Andrea towards the end... sort of like a redemption thing for all that flip-flopping she'd been doing since the start. They certainly could have ended her worse, at least. Plus, towards the end I wouldn't say she was taking orders as opposed to playing both sides to try and keep the peace. Too bad she mostly failed.

As far as Michonne, she started off slowly, but they really built her up towards the end of the last season. She still has a long way to go, and we're only one episode into this new season, so I'll reserve my judgement. But I'd take a guess that they'll be building her up more again... especially once more of these nobodies start dying.

As far as this first episode goes- it was okay, I thought... not really great, but certainly not horrible. But you can't expect a TON out of the first one. It gave us a decent feel for what has been going on in the days between the episode of the last season and this one. And it gave us a few new characters to keep an eye on. Overall, I'm content.