Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 07, 2013, 06:10:41 PM
Michonne should work great if they in a sword fight. She can't shoot for shit. [*laugh*]
She'll bounce the bullets back at them like a lightsaber.

Doomed Knight

if she does I would now consider her badass

oh I forgot to quote something from L

Quote from: L-Face on March 07, 2013, 08:36:37 AM
questionable member is Beth since she hasn't really done much outside of looking after Little Asskicker.

yeah but at least she doesn't have big screen events. 
the only thing I remember about her, is she once cried because of her mother, she tried to kill herself, she used a gun once when the governor attacked, and she takes care of asskicker.

whe I see her I'm like "hey it's beth. oh bye beth"

it's not like Michonne who had a lot of screen, participated in a lot of action sequence, and still her character was Dull. (until last episode which was a big modofcation)

so yes, she hasn't done much, but at least she wasn't always there doing the big shit.
but though it is sad she didn't get much developpement considering the fact that she's been there since season 2.

DeraiLer

lil asskicker needs to start pulling her weight and maybe pick up a gun or two. Lazy fuckin baby.

Quote from: L-Face on March 08, 2013, 04:11:49 AM
She's kinda like the female Glenn. She can sneak really well, so that's her advantage.

I like how they say she can teleport referencing how she got to the roof so fast and then also when she went back into bar and got Carls pic for him in like 30 seconds.  [*laugh*]

Shadow

I was wondering the exact same thing! I'm assuming they just "sped up" the scene for time saving sake. Would still be a funny, though.

L-Face

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 08, 2013, 10:22:44 AM
lil asskicker needs to start pulling her weight and maybe pick up a gun or two. Lazy fuckin baby.

She's kinda like the female Glenn. She can sneak really well, so that's her advantage.

I like how they say she can teleport referencing how she got to the roof so fast and then also when she went back into bar and got Carls pic for him in like 30 seconds.  [*laugh*]
It was a very "Jason Takes Manhattan" moment for sure.  [*laugh*]

gorefan1428

Quoteloud and obnoxious?

he was yelling at a moving car and at a car from a mile away while out in the open in all kinds of danger, what was he supposed to do?

Seeing as he made it that long without dying, he should have known not to yell. Ever. Loud noises attract the walkers, so he brought his death upon himself.

Quotenumbers it's all about the numbers

5 to 1 in a gunfight that advantage will go away fast
If those numbers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, skill beats numbers.

True yelling was probably not the best of ideals and lead to his demise.

But, he also said he was exhausted so he probably figured he wasn't going to make it that much longer anyway.

Quoteloud and obnoxious?

Quotenumbers it's all about the numbers

5 to 1 in a gunfight that advantage will go away fast
If those numbers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, skill beats numbers.

Agreed but who's to say that the govener's side doesn't have several that are of the same or higher skill.

I seem to recall that guy taking a sniper bullet to the face. [*hibaby*]

L-Face

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that the Governor that shot Axel?

Doomed Knight

DeraiLer

Didn't hurt he no longer has to close that second eye to aim.

Shadow

Okay. Going to need to remember Walking Dead is on tonight. Haven't seen the preview trailer from last week about it... wonder if I should give it a peek now or ignore it.

L-Face

Quote from: Shadow on March 11, 2013, 06:09:11 AM
Okay. Going to need to remember Walking Dead is on tonight. Haven't seen the preview trailer from last week about it... wonder if I should give it a peek now or ignore it.
I'd say ignore it so you can be surprised. It should be interesting.

DeraiLer

This episode was sorely needed. The convo the past few weeks has been about how a peace can be found or if it is a fools dream and hearing both sides, and not just Rick and the Governors, but their underlings too, gave us a much deeper look into the situation. On one hand it was amazing watching the two leaders converse but on the other it was also good watching Daryl and Martinez bond with a smoke and that one-up zombie bashing was just a great scene. It was two soldiers knowing that even if they want this to end, it is out of their hands and they will follow their leaders orders when the call is given. Really good writing there. In fact, the last couple episodes has been superb writing. Finally characters are fleshed out. Michonne seems real and not just a caricature anymore, Maggie still fuckin hot as hell and even Beth got a little trigger happy.

The final act with Rick and Hershell was nothing short of good storytelling. No black and white situations here. Lots and lots of grey. As much as I like good zombie mayhem, good character scenes are also welcomed and these past two episodes have delivered.

L-Face

Couldn't agree more. This was a great, tension filled episode. I was on edge for a lot of it, but there were some great humorous moments to ease the mood a bit. The interaction between Daryl and Martinez (them one-upping each other) and even the interaction between Herschell and Milton had some humorous dialog. Now, we're getting down to the nitty gritty. With a few more episodes left, things should be interesting. I'm expecting heavy casualties on both sides. The problem is aside from Milton, Martinez, and the Governor, I don't think the losses, from a character perspective, will be as great as the losses on Rick's side that may happen.

DeraiLer

How dare you diminish the impact of losing Woodbury townsfolk # 1, Woodbury townsfolk # 2, Woodbury townsfolk # 3...

Shadow

Motherfuckers. I guess they recently stopped doing DST, so it went back to it's original time. Here I thought I was flipping the tv on 15 minutes early when in reality I missed it! [*angry*]