Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 04, 2013, 01:25:51 PM
Tonight they finally gave Michonne some depth. She showed signs of persona and I liked and rooted for her for the first time since she debuted. If the writers start giving more life to these people, this could get more enjoyable. Carl is still showing signs of being a bad mofo and I think he will be a great leader in the future.

Also Morgan had some powerful scenes. Man he brought the dread with his acting.

Also, poor hitchhiker.
Agree with all of this. It was a great episode for sure. Honestly, I want to see more of Morgan's world. Maybe something like the Sam Axe movies from Burn Notice or something. I think in his craziness, Morgan may have snapped some sense into Rick. That was the first time I'd seen Rick smile in a while.

Also, next week's episode should be interesting. Rick and the Governor meeting face to face.

Shadow

I definitely like what they're doing with Michonne... she's finally getting some development. Same with Andrea...she's finally conflicted about her situation, rather than caring for comfort and power.

I think Rick sort of summed up the situation he saw in Morgan... Morgan saved his life once, and Rick was able to pull through, so now he's finally seeing he was only at the tipping point... that things could be so much worse for him. I'm really curious how they're going to write more of Morgan in.

And naturally, Carl is still becoming more of a little asskicker than his sister. Which I have no problem with at all. When he popped from around that corner I had an "Oh shit!" moment.

DeraiLer

lol Carl just came out of nowhere and BAM! Shoots Morgan down.

Shadow

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 05, 2013, 10:10:14 AMlol Carl just came out of nowhere and BAM! Shoots Morgan down.
I got a kick out of Rick's reaction after that. Looked like he wasn't sure if he should be pissed or impressed. [*laugh*]

L-Face

I don't think Rick's reaction was a "pissed/impressed" thing. More of a "Despite me doing things like that, he shouldn't have had to have done that himself." because there was absolutely no hesitation from Carl, it was natural. Popped out from behind the corner and *BAM!* To me, that shows just how bad things have become in their world. That without thought, Carl would take a life if it meant protecting the people he cares about. But then he has that moment with Michonne and then tells Rick, "I think she's one of us." It shows that, despite his mentality towards a threat, there's still humanity in him.

So far, this portion of season 3 seems to be a bit about redemption. I like it.

Doomed Knight

yep, Michonne is going somewhere. I just hope she's no going to die in the next episode.

as for Carl, I really do hope he gets badass, because in the comic he is.
even though they don't actually follow the comic but meh, it's still good.

and as for the hitchhiker, I was sure, so sure, that after they got his Bag, he would come out of the wood, and be like "shit, where's my bag, I was just gone for a number 2!!!"

L-Face

Well, there was no way the hitchhiker could have piped up considering that was him smeared all over the pavement as they drove by.

Doomed Knight

I know, but still would have been funny

gorefan1428

Very good episode

like the rest of you i like what they did with Michonne here, she even had a moment that made me laugh.

The thing about the hitchhiker sort of erks me a bit . Rick is to high and mighty to offer help to outsider, but just think of where he would be without the help of strangers. Glen and Morgan could have easily left him to be zombie chow yet he can't help a guy alone screaming for help.

DeraiLer

Quote from: gorefan1428 on March 06, 2013, 09:08:11 PM
Rick is to high and mighty to offer help to outsider

Not to mention the fact he needs soldiers of his own for the battle with the governor.

L-Face

Considering the Governor's soldiers amounts to a bunch of people that needed protection provided by him, I think Rick has the advantage in Daryl, Merle, and Michonne.

Also, considering the dude was loud and obnoxious in his approach in trying to get Rick and the group to pick him up, he would have been a weak link. Right now, the group Rick has is fairly tight knit. Only questionable member is Beth since she hasn't really done much outside of looking after Little Asskicker.

DeraiLer

Michonne should work great if they in a sword fight. She can't shoot for shit. [*laugh*]

gorefan1428

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 07, 2013, 08:08:27 AM
Quote from: gorefan1428 on March 06, 2013, 09:08:11 PM
Rick is to high and mighty to offer help to outsider

Not to mention the fact he needs soldiers of his own for the battle with the governor.

yep there is that also

Quote from: L-Face on March 07, 2013, 08:36:37 AM

Also, considering the dude was loud and obnoxious in his approach in trying to get Rick and the group to pick him up, he would have been a weak link. Right now, the group Rick has is fairly tight knit. Only questionable member is Beth since she hasn't really done much outside of looking after Little Asskicker.

loud and obnoxious?

he was yelling at a moving car and at a car from a mile away while out in the open in all kinds of danger, what was he supposed to do?

Quote from: L-Face on March 07, 2013, 08:36:37 AM
Considering the Governor's soldiers amounts to a bunch of people that needed protection provided by him, I think Rick has the advantage in Daryl, Merle, and Michonne.

numbers it's all about the numbers

5 to 1 in a gunfight that advantage will go away fast

L-Face

Quoteloud and obnoxious?

he was yelling at a moving car and at a car from a mile away while out in the open in all kinds of danger, what was he supposed to do?

Seeing as he made it that long without dying, he should have known not to yell. Ever. Loud noises attract the walkers, so he brought his death upon himself.

Quotenumbers it's all about the numbers

5 to 1 in a gunfight that advantage will go away fast
If those numbers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, skill beats numbers.

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 07, 2013, 06:10:41 PM
Michonne should work great if they in a sword fight. She can't shoot for shit. [*laugh*]
She's kinda like the female Glenn. She can sneak really well, so that's her advantage.