Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 21, 2013, 12:57:35 PM
The show has failed to convey it effectively. Shooting the soldiers moment just had us saying "wtf? ok.." same as the heads in jars scenes. i think they need to work on their presentation more because scenes that should have punch just fail to impact.
To me, I think they've done a pretty good job in their presentation. With the few things he's done, I've know that he was a character that's supposed to be hated. Right now, he's all but twirling a mustache while standing over a chick tied to the train tracks as a horde of walkers closes in.

Doomed Knight

Quote from: L-Face on February 22, 2013, 01:38:48 AM
Quote from: DeraiLer on February 21, 2013, 12:57:35 PM
The show has failed to convey it effectively. Shooting the soldiers moment just had us saying "wtf? ok.." same as the heads in jars scenes. i think they need to work on their presentation more because scenes that should have punch just fail to impact.
To me, I think they've done a pretty good job in their presentation. With the few things he's done, I've know that he was a character that's supposed to be hated. Right now, he's all but twirling a mustache while standing over a chick tied to the train tracks as a horde of walkers closes in.
for the fact that we are suppose to hate him, yes, we do. don't really have any choices since last episode anyway...

but I still think he's missing something. but if he disapears next episode, meh.

oh yeah that confused me too for a second x)

gorefan1428

just watched the latest episode and it was good

Must say after this one andrea needs to die. Before didn't care for her character one way or the other but she just keeps doing stupid crap.

Shadow

Really? I'm thinking they're finally going to pull her out of her slump.

Doomed Knight

won't be until tonight or tomorow that I'll be able to watch it.

but I always thought that Andrea needed to die xD

DeraiLer

I don't hate Andrea. She has enjoyed both life in Ricks group and Governors and simply wants peace between the two camps and a resolution where rick and the group can live in woodsbury in safety with her. She is the one sane mind in between Ricks fractured psyche and Governors bloodlust.

Nice to see Carol have a little darkness in her. Telling Andrea to fuck then kill the Governor lol. Also I liked the reunion moment between Carol and Daryl. They are a couple I want to happen.

Hershell barking at Rick was needed. Hell, Carl might be right and let hershell and Daryl take the lead this time until Rick gets his shit together.

The most Michonne has spoken all season. And she comes off as petty. Ok, let's stick with Silence, katana girl.

Tyrese joins governor?? WTF?

Shadow

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 26, 2013, 05:41:09 AMI don't hate Andrea. She has enjoyed both life in Ricks group and Governors and simply wants peace between the two camps and a resolution where rick and the group can live in woodsbury in safety with her. She is the one sane mind in between Ricks fractured psyche and Governors bloodlust.

Nice to see Carol have a little darkness in her. Telling Andrea to fuck then kill the Governor lol. Also I liked the reunion moment between Carol and Daryl. They are a couple I want to happen.

Hershell barking at Rick was needed. Hell, Carl might be right and let hershell and Daryl take the lead this time until Rick gets his shit together.

The most Michonne has spoken all season. And she comes off as petty. Ok, let's stick with Silence, katana girl.

Tyrese joins governor?? WTF?
And with this post I just realized I totally forgot that yesterday was Sunday, and that I missed the latest episode of The Walking Dead...

[*explodinghead*]

L-Face

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 26, 2013, 05:41:09 AM
You mean the person that thought she had a friend in Andrea, saved her life and kept her alive only for Andrea to turn around and flip her off over a bed and a shower is pissed? Shock of all shocks right there.

DeraiLer

Yes I mean the girl who wanted to accept a warm shower and safe bed to sleep on over the girl who wanted to go back out into the zombie infested woods in the dark. Oh Andrea, you are sooo insane!

F Michonne. Everyone here would join the governors camp if in the same situation. Not choose to go back out AT NIGHT which is what it was when Michonne said they should leave. So the guy running the place keeps heads in his bedroom. Just do your part and stay safe in the Zombie apocalypse.

L-Face

It's a zombie apocalypse, there's no such thing as safe. You've got crazy assholes like Shane, two douchebags that after you save them want to kill you and take what you've got, bandits/outlaws, and a hordes upon hordes of Walkers. Also, even if Michonne may have come off as stupid by suggesting they leave at dark, Andrea used her technique of disarming a zombie to get to the prison, so it's not like they can't get to point B. Would have been better than getting caught up in the Governor's shit, which is what's happening to Andrea right now.

DeraiLer

You say that knowing the Governor is batshit from the comics. They did not know him at all. Just a guy who caught them, brought them to his town and offered them shelter there. He even explained killing the soldier because "We all turn in the end" Realistically, Andrea made the best choice. As a show, Michonne made the entertaining one. To keep fighting everyone and everything. Fine, go be an unrealistic caricature. Andrea has shown more depth in her reactions and conflicts with siding with both camps. There is real development going on whereas Michonne is still just a quiet, flat character. You mention it was stupid suggesting they leave in the dark but then mention they would be better off doing so. So I guess the stupid move is the one for you. Andrea is conflicted because she is fighting a more complex scenario. One she could work to her benefit but after seeing the scene with her and Michonne last night, it's clear the writers are not interested in that route. They just wanna make her look idiotic. Shame, she is in a position to do real change right now.

L-Face

That's the thing: I don't know him from the comics. I stopped reading before he showed up. I had no foreknowledge of him. At first I was like, "Ok, he's not a bad guy. Finally some breathing room from all the craziness that's gone on so......did he just murder those troops? K, guess he is a bit of a dick." Never called Michonne stupid for wanting to leave at dark. That is the feeling I got by you bringing that up. So if anything it was you implying that she was stupid and I disagree.

Apparently being pissed off about something and feeling betrayed by someone you thought was your friend isn't showing emotion. Nope, still an emotionless character. Her wanting to survive instead of having a false sense of security in an area where she knows something isn't right is completely irrational. Yep, completely irrational.

DeraiLer

She doesn't "know" somethign isn't right, she feels something isn't right. A big difference that separates her from Andrea. Andrea was willing to give it a shot, whereas Michonne wasn't. Considering the situation, zombie apocalypse, the smarter option would probably be to accept the offer to stay and just, as Tyrese says, do their part and earn their keep. A guy who knows that getting into a safe haven matters.

Quote from: L-Face on February 27, 2013, 03:51:41 AM
Never called Michonne stupid for wanting to leave at dark. That is the feeling I got by you bringing that up. So if anything it was you implying that she was stupid and I disagree.

Sooo, she wasn't stupid for wanting to leave after dark?

L-Face

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 27, 2013, 04:08:03 AM
She doesn't "know" somethign isn't right, she feels something isn't right. A big difference that separates her from Andrea. Andrea was willing to give it a shot, whereas Michonne wasn't. Considering the situation, zombie apocalypse, the smarter option would probably be to accept the offer to stay and just, as Tyrese says, do their part and earn their keep. A guy who knows that getting into a safe haven matters.
Considering that it turned out she was right, I can chalk that up as being right/knowing something is wrong. Also, there's that word again. "Safe" is non existent in the zombie apocalypse, especially when they aren't the only enemy. Beware the dead, fear the living. Believe that's the tagline for this season. Fitting.

Nope. She's proven she can handle herself, whether it be with a group or by herself.

gorefan1428

She doesn't "know" somethign isn't right, she feels something isn't right. A big difference that separates her from Andrea. =

Quote from: L-Face on February 27, 2013, 03:51:41 AM
Never called Michonne stupid for wanting to leave at dark. That is the feeling I got by you bringing that up. So if anything it was you implying that she was stupid and I disagree.

Well by all accounts she is a character that has lived and survived on pure instinct alone. So, it seems logical that she would trust her instinct in this situation.  I would have to say if i was in a town with people  with an armada of weapons and i felt something wasn't right , night would be the correct choice to go. If her instinct was correct and these guys were bad news they wouldn't just let them walk right out the front gate.

Also she has shown she can handle walkers.  Better to deal with the devil you know than the devil you don't?