Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Well this past episode certainly ended on a much more intense note than before. I like it. [*yes*]

L-Face

Indeed. I thought this one had a bit of a better pace than the mid season premiere did. Especially with Daryl, Merle, and the hispanics (not sure if they were Mexican or not) taking the zombies down on the bridge and the ending really put it over the top. Looks like I was wrong about Axel.  [*laugh*]

Doomed Knight

yeah, Carol was like, oh shit...

xD

can't wait for the next episode, shit's coming back big time

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 19, 2013, 05:39:57 AMLooks like I was wrong about Axel.  [*laugh*]
Reminded me of one of the scenes in Django Unchained...

L-Face

Haven't seen Django yet.....

But after what happened happened, my mouth was agape for a bit. Then I was like, "Damn.....he got Sopranos Series Finaled!"

Doomed Knight

oh yeah, I wonder what they will do about Merle

they won't let him in just because he helped Rick. that trick doesn't work.

and Glen still want to shoot him on sight.

DeraiLer

Oh let Merle join. So he roughed up Glenn and tried to kill Michonne. Glenn needed to nut up and Michonne i dont like so Merle is aces in my book.

gorefan1428

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 19, 2013, 09:25:32 AM
Oh let Merle join. So he roughed up Glenn and tried to kill Michonne. Glenn needed to nut up and Michonne i dont like so Merle is aces in my book.

merle is the next main bad guy imo [*deal*]

DeraiLer

I kinda like the bad guys here. Merle is definitely a fave and Guvner until last night, hadn't really shown much to show how evil he is. The people writing the show are failing to give him and Michonne the development their characters need to progress the storyline. So far it's just a guy who misses his zombie daughter and a black chick who stands quietly and holds a katana.

Oh and Glenn sucks as a leader.

L-Face

A guy that murdered an entire platoon, killed a helpless helicopter pilot, and put their heads in fish tanks. Yep, sure haven't shown how evil he was until the episode this past Sunday.  [*rolleyes*]

As for Glen sucking as a leader, he didn't really do any leading. He said "We gotta go after him" and everyone except Michonne was like, "You're fucking stupid."

Shadow

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 20, 2013, 01:20:19 AMOh and Glenn sucks as a leader.
He's trying too hard. Doesn't help that he's blinding himself with anger either... almost like a kid throwing a tantrum until he gets what he wants.

Doomed Knight

shit happens when you want to be the good guy out of frustration.

reckless as hell.

Shadow

Quote from: Doomed Knight on February 20, 2013, 11:04:12 AMshit happens when you want to be the good guy out of frustration.

reckless as hell.
He actually talked about this on the Talking Dead, and brought up a good point. A lot of the time when people get abused/raped, the people closest around them will end up victimizing them and make it worse rather than helping the situation. This is basically what he's doing now... "Me big strong man, me protect tiny defenseless woman."

Doomed Knight

that explains.
makes sense.

gorefan1428

Quote from: L-Face on February 20, 2013, 02:15:22 AM
A guy that murdered an entire platoon, killed a helpless helicopter pilot, and put their heads in fish tanks. Yep, sure haven't shown how evil he was until the episode this past Sunday.  [*rolleyes*]

well you could almost not even consider the first two acts evil. These guys were trained soldiers and the actions could have been taken as just protecting the town. The soldier he had taken in first even said they had abandon their post once before.
plus he was holding out to save his daughter.

I'm sort of with de on this one not much was shown until the last 2 episodes