Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 12, 2013, 07:28:06 AMI doubt Rick will step down. Kind of hoping for a power struggle between him and Tyrese. As for Ben and Randall looking alike? Kinda, yeah. Just like Randall, I hope he dies.
I think that's what they're going to be aiming for. Or at least having Tyreese act as a crutch for Rick until he gets his shit straight. No way in hell they're going to introduce them to the series only to have them run off.

And yeah, Randall and his dad are a bunch of cock gobblers.

Quote from: Dorkus on February 12, 2013, 08:06:32 AMI had to miss it because I'm still behind on a few episodes. Gotta catch up.
How many episodes?

Dorkus

I'm 4 episodes behind now, though I already know all spoilers.

SmartgunnerDrake

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 12, 2013, 02:18:02 AM
Daryl come back!! Glenn and Merle will work things out!

This! :( Its amazing how they have created what should be a hated character into possibly the most loved one in the series.

L-Face

Don't think Daryl was ever really meant to be hated. He's just a loner. Merle, on the other hand, that's a character that was meant to be hated. He's a racist asshole that has no qualms in killing people to further himself. Makes me think that aside from losing his hand, the zombie apocalypse is exactly the same to him. Only, now he can kill people without worrying about serving time. 

SmartgunnerDrake

Quote from: L-Face on February 13, 2013, 02:12:47 AM
Don't think Daryl was ever really meant to be hated. He's just a loner. Merle, on the other hand, that's a character that was meant to be hated. He's a racist asshole that has no qualms in killing people to further himself. Makes me think that aside from losing his hand, the zombie apocalypse is exactly the same to him. Only, now he can kill people without worrying about serving time.

Suppose you're right there, still don't think they expected the fan reaction to be as strong as it was. I mean if I was in that group I'd much prefer him leading the group over Rick, damn Shane would probably do a better job then Rick has when it comes to key decisions as of late

L-Face

Not to use a dated reference, but Daryl is the Fonzie of the group. Bad ass with the heart of gold type.

As far as Shane doing a better job of leading the group? Dunno about that. Had it been Shane that killed Rick, I'm sure he'd be on the same slippery slope right now. Dude was unstable and probably would have broken once all those walkers hit Hershel's farm. Dude didn't have the balls to kill Sophia after saying "We should kill all the walkers in the barn!" It was Rick that manned up.

DeraiLer

The group is really getting vulnerable now. Hershell is on crutches and now a baby is in the bunch as well. Two weak links plus two kids and now no tyrese, daryl and soon Michonne.

L-Face

Three weak links if you count Rick. Sure, he's one of the best hopes they have in holding off the walkers, but after the events of the last episode, there's a chance that he can and likely will hurt one of the members in the group out of confusion.

Dorkus

I know I'm supposed to hate Merle but I don't. Dude's got a fun charisma to him. Still wanna see Daryl put an arrow through his throat eventually though.

Shadow

Quote from: Dorkus on February 13, 2013, 04:05:00 AMI know I'm supposed to hate Merle but I don't. Dude's got a fun charisma to him. Still wanna see Daryl put an arrow through his throat eventually though.
Weird, isn't it? I mean, I'm not a huge fan of him or anything, but he's an interesting character who I wouldn't mind seeing around for a while... unlike some of the other characters on the show who I don't/am not suppose to like.

gorefan1428

Thought this episode was great.

sort of like the fact rick is going a little insane

It's just not logical to go through all the crap he's going through and not be a little nuts

He has the pressures of being leader, a new baby, dead wife, he was forced to kill his best friend, and then there's that whole zombie thing.

Doomed Knight

Quote from: Dorkus on February 13, 2013, 04:05:00 AM
I know I'm supposed to hate Merle but I don't.

I hate Merle like I hate Chris Jericho. The character is a dick, but damn is he funny, and cool. I want the kinda-sunuvabitch dead, but I don't because he's fun to watch, and he's a great actor IMO.

and of course, my favorite would be Daryl.

rant=on
but someone, would you please someone, explain me why is Michonne popular?

she's so underdeveloped!

she's badass because she has a Katana? she can't work in a team, each time someone ask her something (like Rick/Merle/Governor) she she just look at them with no facial expretion, no angriness, not even with the look of "I'm gonna kill you", not even a p.oker-face.

the only time I saw her really pissed, was when she was waiting for Andrea to get out of Woodbury.

talking about Woodbury, even the Governor is more an interesting character even if he's a total freak.

does anyone like Michonne in here? tell me anything else than the Cliché'd "She's a badass silent-warrior with a Katana"

here is what Rumble told me on Facebook

Quote from: RumbleWolf4she's a prototypical bada$$ character, so she tends to be rather popular

like I said, she's popular because she's a """"badass warrior"""" even though I find her boring.

which means people like her only when she kills zombies?
/rant=off

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 15, 2013, 06:27:59 PM
Thought this episode was great.

sort of like the fact rick is going a little insane

It's just not logical to go through all the crap he's going through and not be a little nuts

He has the pressures of being leader, a new baby, dead wife, he was forced to kill his best friend, and then there's that whole zombie thing.

yeah, I would have found it strange if was ok with all that shit. Hope he'll get over it though.

but I wonder if it's gonna be like the Comic, I know something happens to "Asskicker" Judith (in the comic)

((Side note: am I the only one who can't write "P.o.k.e.r"??? it leads me to a 404 error page if it's all together))

DeraiLer

I agree with DK. Why the hell is Michonne so popular? Maybe in the comics she is well written but on this show she is not. She has done nothing but sit and quietly sulk. I have no care for her whatsoever and am glad Rick is giving her shit. Tyrese has had more of an emotional impact and the fuckers only been on 2 episodes.

Crash Dummie

The only episode I've seen with her is the last one of the second season, and that's exactly the feeling she left me with. I thought "Welp, we're in fan-fiction teritory now.".

Dorkus

You just know she got freaky with those pet zombies she had.