Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Pope Benedict resigning

Started by Shadow, February 12, 2013, 06:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash Dummie

DeraiLer

Why don't these guys retire more? I mean dying while serving as pope may seem honorable, but those last few years they spend unable to function, lying in bed are a lot of wasted years where an able bodied guy could be serving in their place. Hell, after a while, we take the keys away from grandpa, why do these guys get to keep on going when they are already unable to?

Shadow

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 14, 2013, 10:06:10 AMWhy don't these guys retire more? I mean dying while serving as pope may seem honorable, but those last few years they spend unable to function, lying in bed are a lot of wasted years where an able bodied guy could be serving in their place. Hell, after a while, we take the keys away from grandpa, why do these guys get to keep on going when they are already unable to?
Curious that you mention this now. I'm wondering maybe it has to do with no one wanting to be the first to retire in centuries?

Maybe we'll see more retiring now that someone's finally breaking the ice. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years/decades... depending on the age of the next pope.

DrumrbaxJ

Quote from: Shadow on February 14, 2013, 10:39:57 AM
Quote from: DeraiLer on February 14, 2013, 10:06:10 AMWhy don't these guys retire more? I mean dying while serving as pope may seem honorable, but those last few years they spend unable to function, lying in bed are a lot of wasted years where an able bodied guy could be serving in their place. Hell, after a while, we take the keys away from grandpa, why do these guys get to keep on going when they are already unable to?
Curious that you mention this now. I'm wondering maybe it has to do with no one wanting to be the first to retire in centuries?

Maybe we'll see more retiring now that someone's finally breaking the ice. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years/decades... depending on the age of the next pope.

Can you imagine if Grandpa got to keep the keys to an entire religion? Jesus fuck.