Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Pope Benedict resigning

Started by Shadow, February 12, 2013, 06:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Apparently there is news that the pope is going to be resigning this month on the 28th. The first one to do that in six centuries, apparently. Not sure if anyone actually cares, I know I don't... but it is still some pretty interesting news. Why do you all think that is? Just because of age like everyone is mentioning, or maybe because of all the drama that has been going on the past few years with priests and their followers?

My guess is probably some sort of acombination of the two... with the way that he handled all those crimes, along with his age, he's probably just too tired to deal with other peoples' crap anymore.

Source

Crash Dummie

Good. I'm not religious, and as far as I'm concerned, I'd be happy if there were no more religions at all, but that's not the way the world works.

It's good, because the guy's legacy is tied to forgiving and/or taking no action against the priests who commited sexual crimes against children, and giving his benediction to a few homicidal homophobes.

If there's gonna be another pope, let's hope it's a younger, smarter, more charismatic and less conservative one.

Pastor

Does the pope get paid for being the pope? I've been looking for a job.

Akasha

Couldn't care less actually. I just wish him well, as a buddhist does. [*happy*]
Crap, that was praising oneself... Quick, someone spank me!

JasonzSon

Quote from: Pastor on February 12, 2013, 08:06:08 AM
Does the pope get paid for being the pope? I've been looking for a job.
I don't think he gets straight up cash, but having a toilet lined with gold and more wealth at your disposal than any king, President or Prime Minister in the world must have some practical advantages.  Minus the toilet lined with gold- that's just show-offy.

Shadow

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 12, 2013, 07:08:52 AMIf there's gonna be another pope, let's hope it's a younger, smarter, more charismatic and less conservative one.
Only cardinals can become pope... and the youngest ones are all in their 50s. Keep in mind, most of those cardinals were likely only upgraded to their current status not too long ago, so they wouldn't even be considered.

Point being- I doubt that anything is going to change too much.

DeraiLer

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 12, 2013, 07:08:52 AM
let's hope it's a younger, smarter, more charismatic and less conservative one.

Yes, a liberal, abortion approving one is just what they are looking for.

They need to pick an American one for a change! Young, knows how the world works nowadays. Enough with the old, near death ones.

Crash Dummie

I'm asking for John Paul 2. Bring him back from the dead, I heard Jesus did that once.

SmartgunnerDrake

I heard the next pope's going to be a black guy.

Guess everyones getting liberal these days, America and now the Papal States.

Will be funny to see some of those crazy American's going nuts saying this ones the anti christ.

Shadow

Quote from: SmartgunnerDrake on February 13, 2013, 02:25:56 AMWill be funny to see some of those crazy American's going nuts saying this ones the anti christ.
Oh I'm sure it'll be more than just Americans.

SmartgunnerDrake

Probably but American's sure do take it to another level in bat shit crazy..

Not all Americans of course.

L-Face

Oooh, I like when people make generalizations and then back peddle immediately.

SmartgunnerDrake

More I realized how it sounded which was not my intention at all.

I mean Ireland has its crazies as well, I just find the American ones to be more hilarious then the Irish ones who just seem to be assholes who want to suppress people.