Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeraiLer

Why exactly was she right to leave? They were given a geen light to live there. They had it in the bag. No one was harming them. They were offered shelter from the outer chaos. Andrea still lives there unscathed. Fucking, eating, bathing. It would have been a good place for Michonne and her abilities to be used but she chose to not want to conform to the Governors easy demands and thus incurred his wrath. No matter what group you find yourself in, you will have to abide by their laws. His seemed to be "Just do your part" Not too shabby for the benefits offered.

I just getting to see Tyrese and that fucker has the right mind set. Find a group, offer to be a part of it and earn your keep! Best way to survive is to find shelter and surround yourself with others against the massive onslaught of zombies.

Dorkus

I think Tyrese is soon going to be my new favourite character, which is why they'll kill him off no doubt.

DeraiLer

I dunno, I thought he was a big player in the comics from what I hear so he might be around a bit. With Daryl and Merle around, the characters have definitely starting improving.

gorefan1428

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 28, 2013, 05:17:38 AM
Why exactly was she right to leave? They were given a geen light to live there. They had it in the bag. No one was harming them. They were offered shelter from the outer chaos. Andrea still lives there unscathed. Fucking, eating, bathing. It would have been a good place for Michonne and her abilities to be used but she chose to not want to conform to the Governors easy demands and thus incurred his wrath. No matter what group you find yourself in, you will have to abide by their laws. His seemed to be "Just do your part" Not too shabby for the benefits offered.

She was right because she had a bad feeling about the place that turned out to be true. I have always been taught that if something is too good to be true, it probably is. Think about it  just about every group you see on the show including ricks group is harsh to the ideal of letting in outsiders, even hershal was.So, along comes this guy that looks like a crocked car dealer coming to them with open arms saying come into my town enjoy our things, would that not give you pause? I know it would me.

DeraiLer

She was right because she had a bad feeling about the place that turned out to be true.
[/quote]

Aside from the governor, the rest of the town seems normal with people living nicely. The Governor doesn't seem to impose some tyrannical control over them, provides shelter, food and water and even provides entertainment to keep the citizens amused. How exactly was she right about it being a bad place? It seems the only ones to fear are those on the outside and all groups are like that. So how exactly was getting offered a place among them bad?

gorefan1428

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 28, 2013, 01:24:48 PM

She was right because she had a bad feeling about the place that turned out to be true.

Aside from the governor, the rest of the town seems normal with people living nicely. The Governor doesn't seem to impose some tyrannical control over them, provides shelter, food and water and even provides entertainment to keep the citizens amused. How exactly was she right about it being a bad place? It seems the only ones to fear are those on the outside and all groups are like that. So how exactly was getting offered a place among them bad?
[/quote]

At the time they didn't know anything about the town or kind of control he had, they were just locked in a room, had there weapons taken away, and guarded by soldiers. It was just the bad feeling she had about the place. Have you not ever had a bad feeling and think to your self man i need to get the fuck out of this situation?

There is no 100% right or wrong here, just  matter of opinion, an interesting discussion none the less though.

Dorkus

They should probably give Michonne a backstory explaining her coldness.

Infact, lack of backstory is a big weak point of the show. I'm not saying they should go all Lost with the flashbacks but it would be nice to have some more meat on the characters. All we really know is that Rick was a cop with a shaky marriage, Shane banged a highschool teacher, and Daryl once wiped his ass with poison ivy.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Dorkus on February 28, 2013, 01:45:58 PM
They should probably give Michonne a backstory explaining her coldness.

Infact, lack of backstory is a big weak point of the show. I'm not saying they should go all Lost with the flashbacks but it would be nice to have some more meat on the characters. All we really know is that Rick was a cop with a shaky marriage, Shane banged a highschool teacher, and Daryl once wiped his ass with poison ivy.

I agree with you there more of a back story would be nice but they do gives glimpses here and there like where merle and daryl were talking about how their father abused them when it showed the scars on daryl's back.

L-Face

Honestly, I'm fine with how they're doing things. The scene Gore mentioned with Merle and Daryl worked really well due to how both Michael Rooker and Norman Reedus acted it out, the emotion they showed did a better job of painting the story than a flashback could have in my opinion. I would like a bit more explanation for Michonne's back story, possibly some confirmation on the identities on the two walkers she was traveling with. Though, something tells me that's either really far off or never going to be brought up.

Still wondering about the one loose end in the entire show: Where the FUCK are Morgan and Duane?  [*angry*]

Dorkus

And when will we see zombie Jim?

DeraiLer

And why does Ghost Shane have Wolverines hair?

L-Face

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 01, 2013, 09:24:00 AM
And why does Ghost Shane have Wolverines hair?
That was actually explained on the Talking Dead. Apparently, Jon Bernthal (Shane) was shooting a movie at the time and couldn't shave/cut his hair. So Ghost Shane had a beard and his old hair do.

Shadow

Okay... hopefully I don't forget that the show is on tonight. I'll need to tune in a little earlier to catch up with the last one, too.

DeraiLer

Tonight they finally gave Michonne some depth. She showed signs of persona and I liked and rooted for her for the first time since she debuted. If the writers start giving more life to these people, this could get more enjoyable. Carl is still showing signs of being a bad mofo and I think he will be a great leader in the future.

Also Morgan had some powerful scenes. Man he brought the dread with his acting.

Also, poor hitchhiker.

Shadow

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 04, 2013, 01:25:51 PM
Tonight they finally gave Michonne some depth. She showed signs of persona and I liked and rooted for her for the first time since she debuted. If the writers start giving more life to these people, this could get more enjoyable. Carl is still showing signs of being a bad mofo and I think he will be a great leader in the future.

Also Morgan had some powerful scenes. Man he brought the dread with his acting.

Also, poor hitchhiker.
Only through the first 15 minutes so far and I'm already starting to notice all of this stuff. Fucking fantastic. [*thumbsup*]