Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Horror Movies You're Looking Forward To

Started by JasonzSon, February 07, 2013, 09:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 07, 2013, 08:24:50 PM
As long as it's not a prequel.

It's not, as I said earlier, it's supposed to follow Child's Play 3. They've already finished filming it, it's now in post-production.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2230358/?ref_=sr_2

JasonzSon

"Supposed to" and "does" are two different things, especially these days when everybody's hungry to get their hands on a prequel.

Chucky

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 07, 2013, 08:31:26 PM
"Supposed to" and "does" are two different things, especially these days when everybody's hungry to get their hands on a prequel.

A prequel would eliminate the Chucky doll from being in the movie. To which it isn't because the doll is in the movie... and if you read the plot, it has nothing to do with Chucky's origin being the focus of the movie... it may be a part of the movie, as I said in maybe a few scenes but the overall movie is centered around him going apeshit on people.

L-Face

Quote from: Chucky on February 07, 2013, 08:08:28 PM
I also hear they're going to have a few scenes of Charles Lee Ray before he died, which will be good because we've never really had that before... and that's possibly why Brad Dourif's daughter is in it so she can play Ray's daughter in the movie in some of those scenes. Just speculating though.
Only time I can recall seeing Ray is the beginning of the first Child's Play and Bride of Chucky (if you count the newspaper clippings and his corpse.) Either way, wasn't expecting to see a new one. May be interesting. Is Mancini involved at all?

JasonzSon

Okay, just read it.  Didn't expect that much to be on there.  What I was expecting is one of those films where it's supposedly advancing the story, but spends 60 minutes in flashbacks about Chucky's past while only cutting back to the present at dramatic moments to kill somebody.

Chucky

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 08:46:23 PM
Only time I can recall seeing Ray is the beginning of the first Child's Play and Bride of Chucky (if you count the newspaper clippings and his corpse.) Either way, wasn't expecting to see a new one. May be interesting. Is Mancini involved at all?

Yeah, he's only ever been seen in the first 5 minutes of the original film. Mancini is involved and probably always will be since he's the creator of the franchise and written all 5 previous films. He is directing this new one, which is not the greatest thing in the world but he admitted Seed got too out of hand with trying to be comedy.

L-Face

Still a plus that he's involved, though. At least fans of the series know that the creator is the one that's fucking it up and then trying to fix it instead of the studios opting to reboot it completely.

JasonzSon

On the flip side, if George Lucas had announced he was making a new, more serious Star Wars film and acknowledged the flaws in the prequels, would anybody believe it would be that much better?  Not stating a position, just food for thought.

L-Face

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 07, 2013, 08:58:17 PM
On the flip side, if George Lucas had announced he was making a new, more serious Star Wars film and acknowledged the flaws in the prequels, would anybody believe it would be that much better?  Not stating a position, just food for thought.
It's hard to say, really. The films he wasn't heavily involved in turned out to be the better of the bunch, but the ones he was involved in......yeah. It really depends on where he'd be mentally. For example, my favorite of the Indiana Jones movies is Temple of Doom for being the darkest of the bunch (though still having a bit of camp to it.) If I'm not mistaken, Lucas was in a pretty dark place at the time of writing it. If he could find something like what he was going through for that, it's entirely possible that him promising to make them "darker" could also lead to them being better.

Chucky

Not to continue the beastly arguments from many years ago but guess who's coming back...

MICK TAYLOR!

L-Face

Actually read about that one. Not sure what to think. Still on the fence about how I feel about the first. I may give it a watch when it hits DVD.

Midian Fiend

Quote from: Chucky on February 07, 2013, 09:08:56 PM
Not to continue the beastly arguments from many years ago but guess who's coming back...

MICK TAYLOR!

NO! BAD CHUCKY  [*slap*]

Crash Dummie