Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Horror Movies You're Looking Forward To

Started by JasonzSon, February 07, 2013, 09:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

If anything needs a comeback, this does.  What upcoming horror films are you not terrified of?

As for myself-
Godzilla.  I'm a little concerned that it's by the director of Monsters, but that hasn't been enough to overshadow my anticipation of this film.

Maybe it's because I don't watch a lot of trailers, but that's actually all I've got.  But I know some other people here have some.

Crash Dummie

Evil Dead, of course, but the one I'm most curious about is Clock Tower, based on the video games series.

It was supposed to be directed by the guy who did Snakes on a Plane, which is really weird, but he passed away recently.

There's about a 95% chance it's gonna be awful, but the games, the first one in particular, are so wonderful that I'll follow this more closely than the shitty Resident Evil and Silent Hill sequels.

Dorkus

Honestly, nothing so far. No, not even The Evil Dead.

Though looking up a list of upcoming horror movies this year lead me down a dark rabbit hole that revealed that Hellraiser and Suspiria are getting remakes. Oh, and a sequel to The Host.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Dorkus on February 07, 2013, 09:59:15 AM
Honestly, nothing so far. No, not even The Evil Dead.

Though looking up a list of upcoming horror movies this year lead me down a dark rabbit hole that revealed that Hellraiser and Suspiria are getting remakes. Oh, and a sequel to The Host.

im just waiting for the remake of remakes to start hitting, rob zombie presents a re imagining of platinum dunes take on a texas chainsaw massacre.

JasonzSon

They've already remade half the remakes of 50s films and most of the remakes of 30s films.  I guess they might as well start remaking the remakes of 70s films.

gorefan1428

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 07, 2013, 01:38:53 PM
They've already remade half the remakes of 50s films and most of the remakes of 30s films.  I guess they might as well start remaking the remakes of 70s films.

i was more talking about remakes of remakes that have not had decades of separation between them

L-Face

Like Crash, I'm also looking forward to Evil Dead. There's also a new anthology movie called "The ABC's of Death" that has me interested. Other than that, I'm struggling to remember any of the recent horror movies I've read about. If I find any other ones that I find interesting, I'll either update this post or post again later.

Chucky

JasonzSon

Oh, is Chucky going to be a rune now, too?

Midian Fiend

Quote from: Chucky on February 07, 2013, 06:49:19 PM
Curse of Chucky, bitches!!!  [*finger*]

Evil dead, Carrie. Probably a little bit more for Carrie, Im worried evil dead will just use over the top gore for cheap thrills instead of putting together something that is entertaining on the whole (fingers crossed). I loved both the original movies so I have a fair amount of expectation.

If I can get my hands on curse of Chucky definitely want to see it....the movie has to be good since its skipping theatres and going straight to video  [*rolleyes*]. Hope they don't fuck it up.

Chucky

Yes, it's coming out around Halloween this year. It's supposedly going to ignore Bride and Seed, and should kick off after Child's Play 3. They're trying to make it a lot darker, like the original.

JasonzSon

I could poke fun at the original all day, but this sounds like a pretty good idea.  The OCD in me says they should find a way to do all that and still feature the Bride and the Seed (kill them onscreeen, maybe), but otherwise, I applaud the effort.

Chucky

I also hear they're going to have a few scenes of Charles Lee Ray before he died, which will be good because we've never really had that before... and that's possibly why Brad Dourif's daughter is in it so she can play Ray's daughter in the movie in some of those scenes. Just speculating though.

JasonzSon