Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What the Hell you calling me back for?

Started by DeraiLer, February 07, 2013, 05:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash Dummie

Bringing the Fights back up should be a focal point. It's a gimmick, and it's a cheap one, but the novelty can and probably will attract people. Then, we need to get them hooked with good content.

L-Face

FE Radio could have been something that "put FE on the map." but I think towards the end of the run of both the original forum and of the show is when Shadow, De, and myself realized that we weren't into horror as much as we had been when the show initially started. As for bringing that back and maybe making it more accessible to people that aren't familiar with the site, that's likely not in the cards. Though, De, Shadow, and I have kicked around a few ideas similar to the show.

In the end, I really don't give a shit if this place has 1 member or 1000 members. It's something I hold near and dear to my heart because of all the awesome people I met here. I'm just still ecstatic about the place being up and having an easier way of keeping contact with the lot of you.

Dorkus

Quote from: L-Face on February 08, 2013, 03:40:33 AM
FE Radio could have been something that "put FE on the map." but I think towards the end of the run of both the original forum and of the show is when Shadow, De, and myself realized that we weren't into horror as much as we had been when the show initially started. As for bringing that back and maybe making it more accessible to people that aren't familiar with the site, that's likely not in the cards. Though, De, Shadow, and I have kicked around a few ideas similar to the show.

In the end, I really don't give a shit if this place has 1 member or 1000 members. It's something I hold near and dear to my heart because of all the awesome people I met here. I'm just still ecstatic about the place being up and having an easier way of keeping contact with the lot of you.

Same.

This place can and probably will go back on life support like the last board did in those last few years. I don't care, it's good to just have it back. When I heard this place was up and running again I may have squealed a little.  [*uhoh*]

JasonzSon

I've been gently pushing all of the horror friends I've made over the past few years to check this place out, though none of them have yet.  I think if we can really get into full swing, FE can go back to being a small town equivalent of the bigger horror forums.  Part of that is going to depend on what we do as far as reviews, articles, etc.  We have inside jokes, but I don't think they're so rampant on the board that it's not welcoming for newcomers at this point.

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 08, 2013, 03:40:33 AMFE Radio could have been something that "put FE on the map." but I think towards the end of the run of both the original forum and of the show is when Shadow, De, and myself realized that we weren't into horror as much as we had been when the show initially started. As for bringing that back and maybe making it more accessible to people that aren't familiar with the site, that's likely not in the cards. Though, De, Shadow, and I have kicked around a few ideas similar to the show.
Every time I try and think of one good way to get the show up again, I can think of about 2-3 other reasons why I wouldn't work... usually revolving around there being no real outlet for us to easily access new people. That, and networking is a pain in the ass.

DrumrbaxJ

Make a tumblr and advertise through that. Put reviews up on it, too.

Dorkus

We basically need to advertise. All we have so far is a Facebook page with 121 likes. Sites like Reddit would be a good place to get us out there.

DrumrbaxJ

Tumblr. Like I just said. You can approach other bigger tumblrs and ask them to reblog something of yours or chuck a post up saying scope it out. It's not hard. Places like "F Yeah Creepy Shit" and the like are perfect.

Dorkus

You're probably right, but all I think of when it comes to Tumblr is annoying gifs.

JasonzSon

I know nothing about Tumblr, but if we put out some good quality podcasts or the like that help attract people I know a few sites I could approach to host them.

Giddins

the other thing that now the site is up and running again you might find that you start watching horror movies again.               

gorefan1428

Quote from: Giddins on February 08, 2013, 12:08:10 PM
the other thing that now the site is up and running again you might find that you start watching horror movies again.             

i agree with this  while the site was down i sort of lost a little of the desire to watch that i once had. Can't explain why it happened but it did.
Top that with there just not being any quality horror films being made that much any more and i went from watching a couple a day to a couple a month.

Sort of feel the desire to watch again starting to grow.

Chucky

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 08, 2013, 12:41:53 AM
So why get this place back up again? Sure it's nice seeing all the guys again but none of us are horror fanatics these days. Are you gonna give this place the push it needs to get on the map?

I don't think we aren't horror fans anymore, just that the genre had been getting stale. Maybe a part of that is because of the forum dispersing a while back and maybe some of that is just the way it is because of the industry. We need a revival of the genre, much like when Freddy vs Jason gave it a huge kick in the pants. I will be giving the site a push but no matter how far it goes, just to even be at this point with the forum is worth it.

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 08, 2013, 12:26:47 PM
Quote from: Giddins on February 08, 2013, 12:08:10 PM

i agree with this  while the site was down i sort of lost a little of the desire to watch that i once had. Can't explain why it happened but it did.
Top that with there just not being any quality horror films being made that much any more and i went from watching a couple a day to a couple a month.

Sort of feel the desire to watch again starting to grow.

[*cry*] My son...

Jigsaw

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 08, 2013, 12:41:53 AM
Quote from: Chucky on February 07, 2013, 07:07:57 PM
I think a lot of people watch less horror these days, too much quantity, not enough quality.

So why get this place back up again? Sure it's nice seeing all the guys again but none of us are horror fanatics these days. Are you gonna give this place the push it needs to get on the map?

You may be mostly right, but I actually still am a horror fanatic.

Nonetheless, L-Face said it best - even if we don't reach our prior prime, it really is like a second home to a lot of us.

JasonzSon

I've been watching a lot less horror because I have less people to talk about it with.  I still love horror, but I get more enjoyment out of Sci-Fi that I can share with people that horror that I keep to myself.  Having this site open again is enough to reverse that.