Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Worst Horror Films of the Last Three Years

Started by JasonzSon, February 04, 2013, 08:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reign in Blood

Wasn't good enough to use? What else was it gonna do, be original? They knew they didn't have the talent on that project for that. And if it's one thing that I think all can respect, it's knowing your own limitations. Far too many nowadays think they are so fucking witty with their "twists" or other garbage. This, they knew exactly what it had in the tank, that's commendable and you know it, JZ.

Chucky

Quote from: Reign in Blood on February 04, 2013, 05:00:53 PM
I will defend Hellraiser Revelations, at least sparingly. Yes, it was kinda crap and low budget out the ass, BUT, I liked that it tried to hark back to original in the series. And the incest angle was fucking hot! Was there incest in those other crap DTV sequels? No? Thought not!  ;D

Sounds fuckin' HAWT!!!  :o

L-Face

Worst horror films in the last three years? Oh, that's easy. Anything named Paranormal Activity. Found footage movies have always been terrible, however, these films excel at being the worst of the bunch by doing absolutely nothing of note for two and a half hours. I'll put it like this: If I wanted to play "Where's Waldo" I'd do so. Moving chairs and opening doors slowly does not a scary movie make.

Akasha

Speaking of found footage films. Has anyone seen VHS? What the fuck was that??!
I HATED it!

Jigsaw

I've heard VCR was okay, but I need to see it for myself before I decide.

There's a low-budget anthology called Nightmare Alley (2010) that is one of the worse films from 2010. Seven stories in an hour and ten minutes, and six of the stories are downright terrible. The seventh is passable at best. 'Twas the worst anthology horror film I've ever seen, and one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen.

L-Face

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 04, 2013, 10:30:51 PM
There's a low-budget anthology called Nightmare Alley (2010) that is one of the worse films from 2010. Seven stories in an hour and ten minutes, and six of the stories are downright terrible. The seventh is passable at best. 'Twas the worst anthology horror film I've ever seen, and one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen.
I find that hard to believe. Especially when that one from Snoop and the other one from Flavor Flav exists. Course, I haven't seen Nightmare Alley, so I'll have to take your word for it.

Jigsaw

You could always try and find it to watch four to five minutes of it. Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror, while I'm sure is bad (I haven't watched it yet, nor do I really want to), at least might have the occasional redeemable factor, such as a decent quality. Nightmare Alley has none whatsoever.

L-Face

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 04, 2013, 11:12:48 PM
You could always try and find it to watch four to five minutes of it. Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror, while I'm sure is bad (I haven't watched it yet, nor do I really want to), at least might have the occasional redeemable factor, such as a decent quality. Nightmare Alley has none whatsoever.
If there was a redeemable quality about Hood of Horror, I didn't notice it. It tries too hard to be humorous and falls flat. It has a cast of people (Lin Shaye, Ernie Hudson, Danny Trejo) that are wasted.

Jigsaw

Danny Trejo in Hood of Horrors? Wow.

I guess I could argue that at least Hood of Horrors has a good cast (even if not utilized), but I have a class in forty minutes, and don't have the time nor will to put forth.

JasonzSon

Quote from: Reign in Blood on February 04, 2013, 05:47:52 PM
Wasn't good enough to use? What else was it gonna do, be original? They knew they didn't have the talent on that project for that. And if it's one thing that I think all can respect, it's knowing your own limitations. Far too many nowadays think they are so fucking witty with their "twists" or other garbage. This, they knew exactly what it had in the tank, that's commendable and you know it, JZ.
They could have written a linear plot that made sense, or tried to act, or not rip off lines directly from the first film, or casted somebody for Pinhead that didn't look like he was picked up at the bar for $10.

L-Face

Is that the Hellraiser movie that looks like a terrible fan film? If so, seems I dodged a bullet by avoiding it like the plague.

Jigsaw

I'm glad for you, L, and wished that I did the same. Truth be told, I still have nightmares... [*cry*]

L-Face

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 05, 2013, 01:02:57 AM
I'm glad for you, L, and wished that I did the same. Truth be told, I still have nightmares... [*cry*]
Not so bad. I knew Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 would suck a bag of dicks, but wanted to watch it just so I could be angry at something.

Jigsaw

Actually, I think Halloween II (Rob Zombie) started out great, I thought. First 20 minutes in the hospital were quick-paced and enjoyable. Once we realized it was a dream, though, all love for the film went out the window.

JasonzSon

L, by saying that you're insulting bad fan films.  I'm pretty sure I tweeted while watching it that I had watched zero budget student films that looked better.