Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Worst Horror Films of the Last Three Years

Started by JasonzSon, February 04, 2013, 08:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrumrbaxJ

I love Blair Witch Project. Properly creeped me out. I also loved Cloverfield. Not horror, no. But "found footage" no less. When done properly they can do things that no one else can. I suppose you can put Marble Hornets in with them too and you'd be on to a winner. Is Grave Encounters similar?

Jigsaw

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 06, 2013, 12:04:31 AM
I love Blair Witch Project. Properly creeped me out. I also loved Cloverfield. Not horror, no. But "found footage" no less. When done properly they can do things that no one else can. I suppose you can put Marble Hornets in with them too and you'd be on to a winner. Is Grave Encounters similar?

Goes to show how liberal my definition of horror is - I fully count Cloverfield as horror.  [*laugh*]

Dorkus

The Devil Inside may actually be the worst movie I've seen, period.

JasonzSon

Blair Witch is the best found footage film I've seen.  I found Blair Witch to be crap.  For the record, I haven't watched Cannibal Holocaust yet.

L-Face

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 04:22:57 AM
Blair Witch is the best found footage film I've seen.  I found Blair Witch to be crap.  For the record, I haven't watched Cannibal Holocaust yet.
Wait, Blair Witch is the best found footage film you've seen, but it's crap?  [*odd*]

As far as Cannibal Holocaust goes, if you can find all the parts that people generally talk about, then watch those. Otherwise, you may be bored. Depends on your preference in pacing.

JasonzSon

Yes.  Why does that seem surprising?  It's like saying that Halloween is the most faithful remake that I've seen, but it's terribly unfaithful to the entire point of the original.  When you go out of your way to avoid (or at least, make watching them an absolute last priority when there's no other options) watching a genre, the first one you saw may well be the last.

Shadow

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 04:22:57 AMFor the record, I haven't watched Cannibal Holocaust yet.
The movie is shit and the only reason it's remembered is because of all the animals they killed and the death scenes.

L-Face

Quote from: Shadow on February 06, 2013, 05:41:15 AM
Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 04:22:57 AMFor the record, I haven't watched Cannibal Holocaust yet.
The movie is shit and the only reason it's remembered is because of all the animals they killed and the death scenes.
Wouldn't go that far. But, to each his own, I s'pose.

Crash Dummie

At least they ate the turtle. Can't blame them for that one.

Chucky

Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 02:35:51 AM

I don't think I bothered to watch it but I know my wife said it was quite shite.

gorefan1428

i'd actually been considering renting this, guess i'll pass.

Dorkus

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 06, 2013, 10:02:46 AM

i'd actually been considering renting this, guess i'll pass.

I live in a very quiet town. Whenever I see a movie in theatres the whole room just gets up and leaves after the showing without making a peep.

When The Devil Inside ended, there were audible boos and swearing.

DeraiLer

Luckily I trusted the horrid reviews Hellraiser Revelations got and avoided it.

Night of the Living Dead 3D: Re-Animation was perhaps the worst for me. It just flat out sucked.

Pastor

Quote from: Akasha on February 05, 2013, 05:03:48 AM
So no one saw VHS? I can't be the only one who got nauseous just watching it. It got better once the individual stories kicked in...
But still, it had nothing more for me. The other tapes were weird, but not scary or disturbing. The storyline just didn't make any sense to me.

I'm with you 100% on this, V/H/S was garbage.

L-Face

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 09, 2013, 07:49:51 AM
Luckily I trusted the horrid reviews Hellraiser Revelations got and avoided it.

Night of the Living Dead 3D: Re-Animation was perhaps the worst for me. It just flat out sucked.
That was pretty terrible. It tried waaaay too hard to be self aware and do something different, and failed miserably at both. Guess that's the downside to the original falling into Public Domain. Any asshole with a modest budget can remake it as they please.