Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Worst Horror Films of the Last Three Years

Started by JasonzSon, February 04, 2013, 08:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

Indeed, Flesh Freaks (2000) and Motor Home Massacre (2005) were extremely low quality, and while not amazing, were semi-fun to watch.

L-Face

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 05, 2013, 01:07:16 AM
Actually, I think Halloween II (Rob Zombie) started out great, I thought. First 20 minutes in the hospital were quick-paced and enjoyable. Once we realized it was a dream, though, all love for the film went out the window.
I knew it was a dream sequence out of the gate and was just waiting for the reveal. But it just kept going and going. So I was pissed right out of the gate and it just got worse from there.

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 05, 2013, 01:08:20 AM
L, by saying that you're insulting bad fan films.  I'm pretty sure I tweeted while watching it that I had watched zero budget student films that looked better.
Dunno, I've seen quite a few bad fan films in my time and it looked very fitting of the comparison. 

Jigsaw

Quote from: L-Face on February 05, 2013, 01:09:57 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw on February 05, 2013, 01:07:16 AM
Actually, I think Halloween II (Rob Zombie) started out great, I thought. First 20 minutes in the hospital were quick-paced and enjoyable. Once we realized it was a dream, though, all love for the film went out the window.
I knew it was a dream sequence out of the gate and was just waiting for the reveal. But it just kept going and going. So I was pissed right out of the gate and it just got worse from there.

I at first thought it was a dream sequence, but then I thought as it dragged on that there was no way they'd make a dream sequence this long. After I found out, believe you me, I was extremely annoyed.

JasonzSon

Akasha

So no one saw VHS? I can't be the only one who got nauseous just watching it. It got better once the individual stories kicked in...
But still, it had nothing more for me. The other tapes were weird, but not scary or disturbing. The storyline just didn't make any sense to me.

JasonzSon

Storyline?  I was under the impression it was just an unconnected anthology that was decent if you like found footage films and don't care about anachronisms.

Akasha

Reign in Blood

Quote from: Akasha on February 05, 2013, 05:03:48 AM
So no one saw VCR? I can't be the only one who got nauseous just watching it. It got better once the individual stories kicked in...
But still, it had nothing more for me. The other tapes were weird, but not scary or disturbing. The storyline just didn't make any sense to me.

You talking about VHS? If so, I thought it was weird and stupid too.  [*yes*]

Akasha

Thanks for the correction  [*thumbsup*] I'm such a douche!

gorefan1428

Quote from: L-Face on February 04, 2013, 08:24:52 PM
Worst horror films in the last three years? Oh, that's easy. Anything named Paranormal Activity. Found footage movies have always been terrible, however, these films excel at being the worst of the bunch by doing absolutely nothing of note for two and a half hours. I'll put it like this: If I wanted to play "Where's Waldo" I'd do so. Moving chairs and opening doors slowly does not a scary movie make.

100% agreed

Reign in Blood

For those of you that hate the found footage, do you also hate Cannibal Holocaust?

Akasha

Don't get me wrong. I've always been into the found footage movies. I loved Atrocious. A spanish movie. Has anyone seen this?
Paranormal Activity was still entertaining to me. Especially the last one. Don't really get why everyone is so upset with it.

Jigsaw

Oh, I felt lukewarm toward Atrocious. The 20 minutes of running through a dark forest was, while realistic, sort of boring, even with the occasional screams.

I still have not seen Cannibal Holocaust, but that film should get a pass anyways, as it's the first horror film to use that technique.

Chucky

I don't think it's so much that they are "footage films", it's more or less that they've been successful and then they end up following them up with countless mediocre-to-bad sequels and imitations to capitalise on what they see as being a "cash cow".. exactly like what they did with the Saw sequels and other imitations.

[Rec] was fine, Paranormal Activity was fine, Blair Witch Project was fine, Cannibal Holocaust was fine... most of the sequels resulting from those first films however, are another story.

L-Face

Quote from: Reign in Blood on February 05, 2013, 08:07:53 PM
For those of you that hate the found footage, do you also hate Cannibal Holocaust?
Lumping Cannibal Holocaust in with Found Footage movies is unfair to Cannibal Holocaust because unlike those movies, it actually accomplishes something. Plus, it's more "mocumentary" than found footage film in my eyes.