Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Horror Movies You Like That Other People Hate

Started by JasonzSon, February 08, 2013, 07:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Yeah, I own quite a lot of Tom Atkins movies as well, my favourite being Maniac Cop.

MadMatt2185

You know what I really liked, but I've never seen any love for? Halloween 4-5. It was Mike's great return to the series and actually had a good 2 part plot that left things open for the next people (who sadly botched it with 6 then tried to recover with H20). But there was just so much opened up in these films, even getting to see Michael use something other then one handed weapons for once. Oh and the girl nailed to the wall with a shot gun. Fantastic!

JasonzSon

I love Halloween 4 and 5, but then a slasher has to be pretty crappy for me to really not like it.  I don't even think I had any complains about H2O the one time I watched it.

MadMatt2185

Ya, but still every reviewer I've seen take them on has blasted them as boring or crap. Apparently they haven't seen the remakes.

Midian Fiend

Quote from: Pastor on February 10, 2013, 02:41:26 PM
Would The House of the Devil count? I loved it. Critics liked it too, but anytime I mention it on a forum, everyone says how boring they thought it was and that I should kill myself.

I thought house of the devil was good as well but did feel it finished at the climax of the movie. I prefer in some movies that they leave some questions unanswered - makes it more fun. Tom Noonan is cool.

DeraiLer

Found House of the Devil to be a boring piece of tripe where nothing happens at all until the crappy end. Like how it looked like it fit the era but otherwise, dull.

L-Face

Quote from: MadMatt2185 on February 11, 2013, 08:06:37 AM
Ya, but still every reviewer I've seen take them on has blasted them as boring or crap. Apparently they haven't seen the remakes.
Back when we had the podcast for this site, a couple of us actually gave the Halloween series as a whole (aside from the remakes, which we didn't really discuss) a pretty fair shake.

I've been racking my brain, trying to come up with a horror movie I liked that the masses seem to pan, but honestly can't think of one.

JasonzSon

L, you still a fan of Nightmares 5 and 6?  That would do it.

MadMatt2185

OH! And another one that pisses me off to no end. People who diss Feeding Frenzy when they have obviously never seen it. It's a parody of the small monster movies of the 80's made by some guys who normally do web shows, but put the cash together every couple of years to make another movie. I laughed my way through a good portion of the film for all the right reasons. And when we showed it at a convention the people who actually watched it also seemed to enjoy themselves.