Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Horror Movies You Like That Other People Hate

Started by JasonzSon, February 08, 2013, 07:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

Has there been a TCM movie that even approached the tone and quality of the original?

Dorkus

JasonzSon

It is if you like that sort of thing.  I could take it or leave it, and I'd take a half-assed imitation of the original any day over it any day.

Midian Fiend

Quote from: Chucky on February 08, 2013, 10:07:03 PM
Wolf Creek... a movie many others think of as 'meh' or 'sucks'. I don't think it's unanimously hated, per se, but then again I don't think Jason Goes To Hell is either.

MEH

Subspecies series. Lot of people think it's crap due to low budget and horrible acting but I thought it was great.

~~Feel free to Modify instead of needing to double post.  Thanks, Jz

gorefan1428

um probably any nightmare on elm street film that is not part 1,3, or freddy vs jason

parts 2, 5, and Freddy's dead get a lot of crap.

JasonzSon

2 seems to get a lot of love in the horror circuit.  It mostly seems to be laymen and people insecure in their sexuality that can't take it.

Chucky

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers... love it, especially the asylum at the end.

JasonzSon

Chucky

The theatrical version. I have seen the scenes from the producers cut but have not watched it all pieced together and refuse to in such shite quality. There's supposed to be a bluray of the producers cut in the works, no release date for it yet but blu-ray.com has a page for it now: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halloween-666-The-Curse-of-Michael-Myers-Blu-ray/32768/

DrumrbaxJ

Chucky

I think Halloween 3 is decent. I don't get all caught up in the fact that there's no Michael Myers... I just dismiss it from the series and treat it as its own little movie, as it should be.

Pastor

Would The House of the Devil count? I loved it. Critics liked it too, but anytime I mention it on a forum, everyone says how boring they thought it was and that I should kill myself.

Chucky

I enjoy it. I have it on bluray. Tom Noonan is a favourite of mine.

gorefan1428

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 10, 2013, 01:15:31 AM
How do we feel about the third Halloween?

Quote from: Chucky on February 10, 2013, 02:18:54 AM
I think Halloween 3 is decent. I don't get all caught up in the fact that there's no Michael Myers... I just dismiss it from the series and treat it as its own little movie, as it should be.

I agree with chuck on this one.

Always thought it was a decent film and one that should be judged in and of it's self apart from the halloween series.

Damit now i have the silver shamrock jingle stuck in my head

Pastor

Quote from: Chucky on February 10, 2013, 03:01:59 PM
I enjoy it. I have it on bluray. Tom Noonan is a favourite of mine.

Very cool, I can also make those three statements.

And I still haven't seen Halloween 3, but I love Tom Atkins.