Browse

Horror Movies You're Looking Forward To

Started by JasonzSon, February 07, 2013, 09:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrumrbaxJ

Quote from: Boobar Scanhound on February 11, 2013, 07:20:26 PM
poofter capital of australia

10 million budget, so like $10 284 000.000 converted budget, not bad

...what capital? Where'd that come from?

Chucky

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 13, 2013, 06:55:26 PM
...what capital? Where'd that come from?

It's actually a funny line from the movie. Mick Taylor says it when they're all sitting at the camp fire.

DrumrbaxJ

FUCK! HE DOES TOO!

Jigsaw

A few thoughts on some upcoming horror flicks.

1) The Predator (release date: September 14, 2018)

I didn't love the trailer, but I sort of liked the vibe. Still, there hasn't been a great Predator movie since 1987, so I'm rather lukewarm toward this.

2) Suspiria (release date: November 2, 2018)

The trailer has a bit of a surreal vibe to it, but you can't compete, nor beat, the original, which is a 70's classic.

3) The First Purge (release date: July 4, 2018)

I will not lie, I adore the idea of the movie. Showing the USA government as the murderous entity that they are appeals to my leftist point-of-view. But come on, the trailer gives far too much away. I've not seen the second or third Purge (Anarchy and Election Night), but this one sort of interests me. I just wish they had tried a more subtle approach.

4) The New Mutants (release date: August 2, 2019)

Haven't been following the X-Men movies at all, but a horror take on the New Mutants? Ever since this trailer first came out, I was interested. It's been pushed back a few times, but the trailer still fundamentally looking interesting.

5) The Little Stranger (release date: August 31, 2018)

Didn't hear about this until today (which sort of prompted this post), but I really like the trailer and the sort of style it looks like it's going for. Not sure if the movie will go a supernatural route or not (I'm hoping for not), but this may well be one I go out to see.