Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

OUYA

Started by Crash Dummie, February 06, 2013, 07:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash Dummie

http://www.ouya.tv/

Anyone is thinking of buying this one? Its kickstarter campain is one of the fastest rising ever, and it does look really sexy.

However, the launch titles lineup seems really, REALLY weak so far. I want to preorder it, but I'll wait and see a little longer.

Jigsaw

Never heard about it, but I bet it's more than 30 dollars, so I'll have to sit this one out for at least four years.

Crash Dummie

It's a 100 dollars. 150 if you want two controllers. The price is a big part of the appeal.

Dorkus

I don't really trust any console not released by the big three these days. I'll wait and see how it does first.

Shadow

I hardly touch my tv anymore, much less my console lately... so while I can appreciate this sort of thing happening, I doubt I'll get my hands on one.

gorefan1428

so from what i gather there are no games disc or cartridges, all just dlc?

I don't put much faith in dlc all it takes is for your system to crap out our something funky to happen with your profile and all that stuff you paid for is gone plus no resale or trade value.

Think ill pass on this one

Shadow

That's one of the main things that I dislike about electronic purchases... you're putting a lot of faith in the company to not screw things up for you later on. One of the reasons I stopped paying for stuff through Live, too. They did this to me once and I got screwed out of all kinds of dlc for games I had.

Crash Dummie

Downloadable games are extremely convenient, but they are indeed a gamble.

gorefan1428

Also can't trust a system that's smaller than the controller.

L-Face

From what I read about this, all the games that would be available for it are games you can get on Google Play or the iPhone App Store, just modified to cater to the Ouya's controls. It's also a system that encourages people to fuck with it. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Crash Dummie

All the "app" games will be compatible, but it will have its own original library. The launch titles are unimpressive so far, however.

I really hope it succeeds though. 60 dollars games with copy protection are not a thing that I enjoy.

DrumrbaxJ

Hey. I have something like this already. I call it my computer. I use an xbox controller, a 40" screen and when I think it's running slow or the graphics look less amazing, I can fix that.

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 01:52:11 AMIt's also a system that encourages people to fuck with it. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Sometimes that's the only way the thing can get even slightly better than it's original release. Look at the things people have done with the Kinect. And the Kinect is complete shit.

Crash Dummie

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 05:38:50 AM
Hey. I have something like this already. I call it my computer. I use an xbox controller, a 40" screen and when I think it's running slow or the graphics look less amazing, I can fix that.
I do that too, but our computers don't cost only a hundred bucks.

DrumrbaxJ

And it shows when I can do anything I want on it.