Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Chucky video game cancelled due to lack of funding

Started by Chucky, February 07, 2013, 09:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Kind of old news, but the Chucky game which had been in the works had been cancelled last year due to lack of funding... or so they say. However, you can see some of the gameplay footage in this video below (skip to 1:50), he also dances to Tom Jones at the end of the video:

L-Face

Honestly, looks like it would have been fun to play for about 5 minutes and then grown stale judging by the short amount of footage there was. Don't see a reason why they couldn't just make it an app, sell it for $1 and use whatever they make off of it to continue funding and release updates to people that buy it. Or.....get a kickstarter.

Chucky

Pretty sure it was meant to be a downloadable game on PSN and XBL, which would've suit it just fine.

Crash Dummie

Aside from the gut slicing kill, it didn't look all that promising. Who knows, maybe someone else will pick up the project.

Shadow

I hadn't even heard of this. Can't say I'm surprised though, since Chucky hasn't been relevant in who knows how long.

gorefan1428

SmartgunnerDrake

Wouldn't have been the worst thing to get funding on kickstarter, shame really.

L-Face

Re-watching the video, it kind of reminds me of Manhunt in that, it'd be fun for about five minutes, then would become dull really fast.

DrumrbaxJ

Manhunt was ace. Maybe because it was banned here is why I rate it highly with Postal 2...