Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What's the Last Horror Movie You Watched?

Started by L-Face, February 06, 2013, 12:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeraiLer

At least as shaky cam it would have elicited some form of reaction from me. As is, the movie was just stale.

Evil1

A Serbian Film (2010) It had some REALLY fucked up parts in it my eyes and mind both felt soiled after watching it.

Crash Dummie

Just reading the plot on wikipedia makes me feel horrible.

L-Face

It's really overrated. Aside from a moment or two, it's dull as hell. An overhyped mess of a film.

Crash Dummie

They say that the scariest things are the one you don't see.

I guess I picture it in my head worse than the film might actually be.

L-Face

It's not scary, though. It's a movie that's shocking just for the sake of being shocking. There's no substance to it. In fact, it tries waaaaay too hard at being shocking and fails. In my opinion it does, at least.

Dorkus

Did anyone see my article on A Serbian Film back at the old site?

gorefan1428

Quote from: Dorkus on February 08, 2013, 12:57:34 PM
Did anyone see my article on A Serbian Film back at the old site?

that was years ago most of us self included have trouble remembering last week

DeraiLer

Mimesis (2012)

Horrible, Horrible film that has people being forced to recreate the Night of the Living dead movie. 7 people wake up after attending a party at a house resembling the NOTLD one and have to fend off Zombies (well, people pretending to be zombies). The danger is real as the zombie players are actually killing anyone they catch. So many bad things about this one like how no one bothers to ever close and lock windows in this house! The main way these play zombies keep getting in! Open windows!

One of the worst NOTLD tribute movies. Not as bad as the 3D NOTLD but still a massive shitfest of a film.

Midian Fiend

Quote from: Evil1 on February 08, 2013, 02:46:27 AM
A Serbian Film (2010) It had some REALLY fucked up parts in it my eyes and mind both felt soiled after watching it.

DO NOT WANT  [*no*]

gorefan1428

skeleton key  8.5/10

just going to use my horror movie check list response

Must say i was pleasantly surprised with this movie. It has an eerie ambiance that is persistent throughout the entire film.The setting is creepy as well as the score. All the sights and sounds of the environment kept me on edge waiting to see what happened next. This is the type of movie where jump scares are actually ok to use. They were built up to well and actually made me jerk when they took place. Having a main character that i actually gave two shits about was a plus also.

This is the type of movie all the paranormal activity  tries to be but fails at in all aspects.  It's not a perfect movie, there are some slow parts that drag a little and there is very little on screen death most is just talked about and the deaths that are show are  flashbacks. As some may know ;however, there are some fates worse than death.

Akasha

Quote from: Midian Fiend on February 09, 2013, 11:14:17 AM
Quote from: Evil1 on February 08, 2013, 02:46:27 AM

DO NOT WANT  [*no*]

Exactly, I had to turn it off. This went a bit too far for me.

JasonzSon

I finished Nosferatu and Killer Klowns from Outer Space today.  I already hit Nosferatu in the Checklist thread (a good film with some flaws) and I'll hit Killer Klowns later (no more or less than I expected it to me, a dumb film about clowns killing people in OTT ways).

L-Face

Child's Play

One of the movie channels played the first three movies back to back this weekend, but I had to step out after the first, so I missed the other two. Otherwise Child's Play 3 would have been the last one I've seen.

Anyways, it'd been a while since I saw this one. Probably since I was 13, so a good 11 years. I forgot just how annoying the kid that played Andy was (granted, he was a lot more tolerable in CP 2.) Aside from that, I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. Brad Dourif was able to do something that seems impossible to do. Make a murderous doll actually scary. If anyone else had voiced Chucky, I don't think they could have pulled it off. Something about his voice makes it work.

The kills, while somewhat basic (aside from the voodoo kill, which is still pretty badass) were effective and the characters were likeable for the most part. Overall, it's not my favorite horror movie, but I enjoy it enough to recommend it.

7/10