Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What's the Last Horror Movie You Watched?

Started by L-Face, February 06, 2013, 12:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash Dummie

It's too bad; shitty cameras hid shitty special effects. But I still think it works fairly well, and they made Cthulhu look good.

Last one I've watched was Jason Lives. One of the few in the series that can be called a good movie in some respects. It's funny, well paced, and the newly zombified Jason has a few good kills and badass shots.

JasonzSon

White Zombie.  Found it kind of boring, but I dunno.  I'll probably watch it again some time and pay more attention

Chucky

Stitches

Plenty of bloody/gory kills mixed in with some humour and bad (in a good way) one-liners. I'll give it a 7/10.

KennyThaKilla

The Slender Man (2013)

Complete waste of time. You spend most of this found-footage film (which is only 118 mins long) watching someone shake a camera around while they're running from something you can't see. You get to look at the ground, look at the sky, listen to a lot of bad acting, and not much else. Worst movie I've seen in quite some time.

JasonzSon

That movie looks hilarious for all the wrong reasons, and only because I'm looking at the title.  I'm picturing a fan film based on the game.  Based on your description... seems pretty close.

KennyThaKilla

Quote from: JasonzSon on March 15, 2013, 01:02:45 PM
That movie looks hilarious for all the wrong reasons, and only because I'm looking at the title.  I'm picturing a fan film based on the game.  Based on your description... seems pretty close.

After watching the trailer for the game, I'd have to say that's pretty much the movie in a nutshell. It's so low-rent, the acting is so terrible, and the pace is so boring and uneventful that it's really not worth the time. I hope this is a cheap knockoff and not the film that was talked about on various sites like Dread Central. If done correctly, it has the potential to be a good flick.

L-Face

Let me preface this by saying that any and all reviews that I do are on an enjoyment scale. They may be lopsided, hell, you may disagree with what I'm saying. So be it. That's the way it is. Blargh.....

Anyways, the last horror movie I watched was "From Dusk Till Dawn." This movie is a fucking classic. Hands down. It's a vampire movie that doesn't follow the mold, but does so in a way that isn't fucking insulting. I'm looking at you, Twilight. It takes what's established and adds to it in a way that makes sense as opposed to making up a bunch of shit that aggravates people. People can accept "Day Walkers" as long as their name is Blade. If your name is Edward Cullen, you can go fuck yourself. But I digress......at least Voldemort killed that motherfucker. Anyways......From Dusk Till Dawn may have some dated effects, but it's highly enjoyable. And "Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!" Could be one of my favorite lines of all time.

On an enjoyment factor, 9/10

JasonzSon

I can dig that.  It's not outstanding in terms of making sense, in terms of vampires, etc., but it's as enjoyable a movie as most things Tarantino pens.  For the record, I'd probably give it an 8.

DeraiLer

Quote from: L-Face on March 23, 2013, 11:49:04 AM
"From Dusk Till Dawn." This movie is a fucking classic.

Ditto. Never gets old watching that flick.

I recently saw Dream House. I had been reluctant to see it after the studio gives away massive spoilers in the TV trailers! Fucktards should keep shit locked down so the audience can experience the twists for themselves. Anyhoo, got passed that annoyance and gave it a watch. The movie plods along doing nothing while you sit there thinking "OK, this is building up for a big scene.." then nada. The ending comes and it becomes a silly, cliche of a mess. How the producers didn't read this script and think "hmm, this is crap" is beyond me. I thought the actors did good. The writers though, should be shot. By the killer. Who was revealed in the trailer.

De Rating: 3/10.

gorefan1428

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 23, 2013, 04:57:00 PM
Quote from: L-Face on March 23, 2013, 11:49:04 AM
"From Dusk Till Dawn." This movie is a fucking classic.

Ditto. Never gets old watching that flick.

I recently saw Dream House. I had been reluctant to see it after the studio gives away massive spoilers in the TV trailers! Fucktards should keep shit locked down so the audience can experience the twists for themselves. Anyhoo, got passed that annoyance and gave it a watch. The movie plods along doing nothing while you sit there thinking "OK, this is building up for a big scene.." then nada. The ending comes and it becomes a silly, cliche of a mess. How the producers didn't read this script and think "hmm, this is crap" is beyond me. I thought the actors did good. The writers though, should be shot. By the killer. Who was revealed in the trailer.

De Rating: 3/10.

I remember watching this when it first came out on dvd and also felt it was slow and predictable.

DeraiLer

One annoying thing is it takes him the entire movie before he finally asks "what happened that night?" Really? That should have been asked the second you realized!

gorefan1428

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 24, 2013, 11:55:11 AM
One annoying thing is it takes him the entire movie before he finally asks "what happened that night?" Really? That should have been asked the second you realized!

Then everyone would have only been board for 30 min instead of 90.

Doomed Knight

Resident Evil

I tried, but I can't brinf myself to like it. I guess it is the last time I watch it.
I'm still a Fan of the games.

FanofAllHorror

Hi. I've had a profile here for about a month, but this is my first post. Anyway...

I just saw Dust Devil (1992). Sadly, it appears as though I've seen one of the cut versions, and not the full-length one. Maybe I'll eventually watch the full-length one, as I can't say too many good things about the movie. I thought Wendy, the main woman, was annoying, though I liked Mukurob, for the most part. I must have missed something, though, as it appears that he has some injury on his hand during the latter parts of the movie. I also like Wendy's husband, Mark, though he did almost absolutely nothing in the movie that was important. I did like the location, as I thought it was very unique, and I wasn't expecting to watch a movie that took place in Nambia. Overall, I'd give the movie a 6/10.

JasonzSon

Welcome to FE.  My latest was Hannibal Rising, by the way.  Faithful enough adaptation with some choices I would have made differently and one scene that literally existed only for the box art.  That was the only scene that really bothered me, although there were a few things early on I'd have moved around, cut different things and kept others, etc.  There's also the fact that adapting this largely depends on how Hannibal was adapted, and I have yet to see the film version of that.  I'll give it a 6.5/10 and swing one way or another on a second viewing.