Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread

Started by Dorkus, February 05, 2013, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

Quote from: El Fwiso on May 05, 2013, 06:07:44 AM
WWE seems in a kind of bump. What happened to TNA ? , haven't heard about it in months. Rumours in Locker room are that Ricky is going back to TNA soon.
TNA seems to be doing fine. It's definitely no where near as bad as it had been in 2006 or so. Some would argue that the Aces & 8's thing has gone on for too long (much like every other TNA large stable storyline) but it's kinda worth it for Bully Ray.

Crash Dummie

Quote from: El Fwiso on May 05, 2013, 06:33:13 AM
Guys tell me what you think about my matches.
I'll leave you my video channel here

http://www.youtube.com/user/twistedsic

I've always found you very good. I also appreciate that you don't post in Kayfabe on your facebook (as far as I can tell). Some of the wrestlers I know take it a little too far.

TNA seems better than it was for a good while, but I don't watch it enough to be sure. As for WWE, there are a lot of things that I enjoy, but the 3 hours Raw are fucking ridiculous. It feels like a chore, and I'd rather fast forward through it all the day after.

Crash Dummie

Sami Zayn, one of El Generico's orphans, made it to the WWE and he's freakin' amazing! He learned a lot from his mentor.

El Fwiso

Quote from: Crash Dummie on May 16, 2013, 07:40:36 AM
Quote from: El Fwiso on May 05, 2013, 06:33:13 AM
Guys tell me what you think about my matches.
I'll leave you my video channel here

http://www.youtube.com/user/twistedsic

I've always found you very good. I also appreciate that you don't post in Kayfabe on your facebook (as far as I can tell). Some of the wrestlers I know take it a little too far.

TNA seems better than it was for a good while, but I don't watch it enough to be sure. As for WWE, there are a lot of things that I enjoy, but the 3 hours Raw are fucking ridiculous. It feels like a chore, and I'd rather fast forward through it all the day after.

Thanks my french-canadian amigo !

L-Face

Quote from: Crash Dummie on May 26, 2013, 01:12:57 AM
Sami Zayn, one of El Generico's orphans, made it to the WWE and he's freakin' amazing! He learned a lot from his mentor.

Kinda funny. He wrestled twice in one night upon his debut. Once against Hawkins, then accepting Cesaro's open challenge (which was also Cesaro's second match of the night.) While their match was good and got great reviews, I hear the match they had at the next set of tapings was even better.

Also, anyone else as hyped as I am that Bray Wyatt is finally getting called up to the main roster? Dude's got a phenomenal gimmick going on and is fantastic on the microphone. He's also pretty damn good in the ring to boot. Who'd have thought a guy that used to be known as Husky Harris (who was arguably the weak link of the Nexus, if you don't count Mason "Welsh Batista" Ryan) would turn out to be so fucking entertaining?

Crash Dummie

I loved him as Husky Harris, and he's even better as Bray Wyatt.

He's slimmed down quite a bit, and he fucking OWNS that gimmick. Every single little motion conveys his character perfectly. I've seen one match of his "family" too.

They seem like your regular big hosses. They strike hard and slam people. Not flashy, but it works I guess. The one with black hair was called Brodie Lee before, right?

L-Face

Indeed, Harper was known as Brodie Lee on the Indy scene. In Chikara, he had a pretty epic cage match with Claudio Castagnoli (Antonio Cesaro.) He is pretty much the typical big guy, but that's not a bad thing considering he does it well.

Crash Dummie

Randy Orton RKO'ed Daniel Bryan on Smackdown.

I know he always RKO'es everyone, and I haven't watched the show yet, but I freaking hope it leads him to a heel turn. The guy hasn't been doing shit in over a year. Besides, Daniel Bryan is bigger than ever with the Yes/No Mania, he keeps wrecking the Shield by himself... he could really use the rub a feud with Randy could give him to propell him even further.

Dorkus

I'd really prefer Orton just go away. He's gotta the most stale person on the roster (yes, even more than Cena).

Crash Dummie

If he gets crazy, arrogant, and punting people, I won't mind him.

Right now, he looks like he doesn't give a shit.

DeraiLer

I love that bryan goes to town on the Shield and trashes them all by himself but fear the big push those guys are getting will drown out the excitement bryan builds up. Vince should open his ears more often and realize Bryan deserves much more.

L-Face

Seems to me that WWE realizes how over Bryan is. If they didn't, I don't think he'd be involved with the Shield at all. I mean, the matches he and Kane have had with Reigns, Rollins, and Ambrose has been the most entertaining part of Raw for the last month or so. Not to mention, after Smackdown this past Friday, it would seem WWE is setting Bryan up to feud with Orton which could be pretty interesting.

DeraiLer

Bryan got injured monday which sucks as I was wanting to see him receive a title push. Would be good as champion again.

Mark Henry fooled me too lol. I thought the asshole was retiring.

Brock vs Punk? I r curious. Doubt Brock will break his silent streak and just leave the talking to Heyman. Be wiser than taking on a master of the microphone like Punk.

Jericho is a generous guy who continues to put newer talent over than give himself wins. I am growing more respect for him.

L-Face

I read that Bryan wasn't seriously injured. He suffered a stinger, but will be alright otherwise. He shouldn't miss any time away from the ring. Though, the dirtsheets are reporting that he was actually supposed to win the match on Monday and later got into a heated debate with Triple H backstage. Not sure how true the last bits are, but it's interesting nonetheless.

The Mark Henry segment was masterfully executed. Before last year, I honestly didn't give a shit about Henry, but after the Hall of Pain run, he's one of my top favorites in the WWE.

Brock vs Punk could be interesting. In interviews not conducted with WWE, Punk has been pretty critical of Brock, but has given him some praise on his in-ring abilities. It'll be interesting to see if that's brought up in this feud. Also, really digging Punk's "Wolverine" look.

While I do like that Jericho realizes that putting newer or struggling talent over would benefit the company, he really needs to not lose as much. Otherwise, it won't be much of a benefit, if any at all. He's slowly starting to lose credibility in terms of how important a win over him is. Yeah, the announcers can bring up him beating Austin and Rock in the same night to become the first Undisputed champion, but that was a decade ago and doesn't really hold water in the ever evolving roster of the WWE.

Also, the promos for the Wyatt family continue to be awesome. They're unlike any other vignette the WWE has done before and Wyatt remains super compelling despite not officially debuting on WWE television yet. Once he does, it'll be glorious.

Crash Dummie

I have no idea if the argument with Triple H was real or not, and I love the feeling of not knowing.

Assuming it was for real, I think it's great. Daniel Bryan is in the middle of a giant push. He's awesome in the ring, on the mic, and he's apparently a very well liked coworker.

Now he's shown the boss that he has balls. They probably both got pissed, screamed and swore a bit, but at the end of the day, I can only guess Triple H respects Daniel for standing up for himself like that.

I don't know what the right call would have been. I understand Hunter for wanting to protect his wrestlers, and I thrust that Bryan is smart enough to know when he can go or not. But he showed that he wants to succeed and doesn't want to disappoint.

I hope he gets another match with Orton and beats him clean.