Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread

Started by Dorkus, February 05, 2013, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeraiLer

He is not carrying the movies that are hits. The Fast and Furious wasn't a hit because of him and from this movie Snitch, it is obvious people won't be going to see GI Joe because he is the star. They guy has the luck of adding himself to successful franchises. Solo, his films flop. I think his one blockbuster was that Disney flick the Game Plan. Faster sucked. Tooth Fairy? Bleh. I think it would be best this way, WWE and films. Unless Hollywood won't insure a guy moonlighting as a WWE competitor. Can't have your main star throwing out his ham string in mid shoot.

L-Face

I honestly didn't mind Faster. Mostly because he barely spoke in it. But yeah. Can't think of too many films he's been the star of that have been hits. I guess Scorpion King was decent enough for studios to greenlight that Direct to DVD seprequel.

Chucky

Welcome to the Jungle (Or as known in the US, The Rundown) was a fine film.

gorefan1428

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 02, 2013, 05:06:54 AM
He is not carrying the movies that are hits. The Fast and Furious wasn't a hit because of him and from this movie Snitch, it is obvious people won't be going to see GI Joe because he is the star. They guy has the luck of adding himself to successful franchises. Solo, his films flop. I think his one blockbuster was that Disney flick the Game Plan. Faster sucked. Tooth Fairy? Bleh. I think it would be best this way, WWE and films. Unless Hollywood won't insure a guy moonlighting as a WWE competitor. Can't have your main star throwing out his ham string in mid shoot.

I sort of liked faster but to each his own  [*thumbsup*]

Quote from: Chucky on March 02, 2013, 06:19:49 PM

that was a great movie

DeraiLer

Quote from: Chucky on March 02, 2013, 06:19:49 PM

Yes but I am not talking about quality. I am questioning his star power. Alone it fails to bring in the blockbuster bucks. I also liked the Rundown.

Crash Dummie

The one with Neil McDo.. Donough... Donut... (?) was alright. It's the kind of action film you've seen a thousand times, but it was fun.

Chucky

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 04, 2013, 01:29:18 PM
Yes but I am not talking about quality. I am questioning his star power. Alone it fails to bring in the blockbuster bucks. I also liked the Rundown.

I wouldn't question it. Tooth Fairy made over 110 mil on a 48 mil budget. With Faster, I thought that was a movie that was advertised poorly, the first I ever heard of it was when I saw a poster for it in my local theatre, which got my ass dragged to it mainly just because the Rock was in it but despite the lack of advertising the movie still made a profit. And yeah, the Game Plan made like 138 mil on a 22 mil budget. Fast Five, that movie is supposedly the 66th highest-grossing film of all time. So no need to even bring out the numbers from that one.

Even Schwarzenegger made movies which flopped and lost money, but we wouldn't question his star power.

DeraiLer

No Faaaan
daaaan
Go Friday?

Damn stryker for not saying his name right!

Crash Dummie

Justin Roberts got it wrong tonight too.

There was a funny moment however:

"The day you almost got to see the debut of..."
Crowd guy: "JOHNNY CURTIS!"

Crash Dummie

Taker is going to win. We all know it.

But fuck that, I'll force myself to believe Punk is going to win.

20-1 old man, 20-1!!!

Shadow

Wait... Punk vs Taker?

Hell, I know who I'm rooting for. [*hibaby*]

Doomed Knight

Crash Dummie

Punk is still the only man to have made Taker tap out! And it was definitely not because of a crooked ref in Montréal!

Shadow

Quote from: Crash Dummie on March 06, 2013, 08:41:12 AMPunk is still the only man to have made Taker tap out! And it was definitely not because of a crooked ref in Montréal!
You sure about that? I could have swore that Kurt Angle made him tap once.