Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread

Started by Dorkus, February 05, 2013, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

He had hip and shoulder surgery. On top of that, he had a kid with Michelle McCool. So I wouldn't be surprised if he takes this year off.

Shadow

Sounds like he's on his... Last Ride. [*browwink*]

Shadow

Not enough? I knew I should have used Dr. Evil.

Chucky

I saw Chris Jericho yesterday (in person), he got into a fight with a mic stand because he full-on headbutted it with his face and ran off stage real quick for a minute.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Chucky on February 24, 2013, 10:37:04 AM
I saw Chris Jericho yesterday (in person), he got into a fight with a mic stand because he full-on headbutted it with his face and ran off stage real quick for a minute.

how did his band sound live?

Chucky

They were ok. Some songs sounded pretty bad, mainly because Jericho's singing is quite one-dimensional. Some songs he pulled off decently. But since he's so charismatic he was able to keep the crowd entertained.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Chucky on February 24, 2013, 04:10:15 PM
They were ok. Some songs sounded pretty bad, mainly because Jericho's singing is quite one-dimensional. Some songs he pulled off decently. But since he's so charismatic he was able to keep the crowd entertained.

don't like a lot of there stuff but was just curious to what they sounded like live. some bands just sound better live

Crash Dummie

Quote from: L-Face on February 24, 2013, 05:42:28 AM
He had hip and shoulder surgery. On top of that, he had a kid with Michelle McCool. So I wouldn't be surprised if he takes this year off.
Welp, Taker just came back for a live Event, and looked to be in pretty good shape.

That'll teach us to make assumptions about what's going on behind the scenes. I could almost feel my neckbeard growing.

Shadow

Still say he should have retired, regardless.

DeraiLer

He clearly wanted to cement his legendary status with 20-0 so makes sense he would strive for that. This is the PPV he should lose and make his grand exit. Or if he is simply too beat up to compete, have him come out and announce he is retiring. Would be a great moment.

The build up to Wrestlemania is weak this year. They need to get their shit together and start building heat on some feuds.

Crash Dummie

If he's gonna retire, it's gonna be at Wrestlemania. Last year was the perfect opportunity, but they didn't do it, and we didn't get the full sense of closure it should have had. A shame really, the "End of an Era" story was tailored for that.

but then again, I'm a Taker mark, and he can still do his shtick. I don't mind if he waits for another Wrestlemania or 2 to finally hang up the boots.

DeraiLer

For the sake of his body I say he retires this year while he can still walk. Edge made the right choice and Taker should too. Let the younger guys carry the torch now.

Crash Dummie

For Edge, it was a matter of "You fall on your neck bad one more time, the best case scenario is you never walk again.".

Taker is old and beat up, but I don't think he has any injuries that one or two more matches could worsen and make his old life hell.

He probably already hurts all over, but he's a special attraction now, so I hope that if he does wrestle more, he doesn't take any stupid risks. He can still take punches and do a Tombstone, but I don't want to see him jump over the rope and land on his neck again, like in his first Mania match against HBK.

Dorkus

I still think the only way to turn Cena heel is to have him end the streak. I don't think the streak should end but I can picture the riots in my head, and it is glorious.