Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

American Horror Story

Started by DrumrbaxJ, February 05, 2013, 03:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorkus

This is the show with the Nuns or something, right?

Yeah, I pretty much just watch The Walking Dead, even if I have a love-hate relationship with it.

DrumrbaxJ

Yeah. The second season takes place in an insane asylum run by the clergy.

Shadow

Quote from: Dorkus on February 05, 2013, 01:20:37 PM
This is the show with the Nuns or something, right?

Yeah, I pretty much just watch The Walking Dead, even if I have a love-hate relationship with it.
What do you hate about it?

DrumrbaxJ

How irritating virtually every female character bar a few have been?

Dorkus

Well okay, I don't hate anything about it. I just don't see it as this perfect show that a lot of others do. It's a good show no doubt, but I always watch an episode and end up thinking that it could be a lot better. I wouldn't think that way if people didn't hold it to such a high standard, but they do for some reason.

Then again, my issues mostly stem from season 2 where a lot of the focus was on people bitching at eachother and likeable characters getting killed.

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 05, 2013, 03:33:02 PM

Oh yeah, and this.

I think Season 3 has been pretty damn good though and it may finally go from "good" show to "great" show if it keeps it up.

Jigsaw

Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 02:26:48 AM
Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 05, 2013, 03:33:02 PM

Oh yeah, and this.

I think Season 3 has been pretty damn good though and it may finally go from "good" show to "great" show if it keeps it up.

I never watched The Walking Dead, but how long can they keep it up? They might meet the occasional new character, old characters die off slowly, tensions run high, infighting occurs, etc.

Unless I'm missing something vital about the plot, I can't see it going on forever, and more to my point, I can't understand how it could be terribly creative and unique to view.

DrumrbaxJ

You spend an entire season on a farm, looking for a little girl in the woods. AN ENTIRE SEASON!

L-Face

And that entire season was better than anything else on TV at the time. So yeah.  [*finger*]

Shadow

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 05:41:49 AMYou spend an entire season on a farm, looking for a little girl in the woods. AN ENTIRE SEASON!
Yeah, the Sophia thing didn't really hit me as hard as the writers were intending. Probably because I saw what was coming a mile away, though.

JasonzSon

I just started watching this today.  A bit different than what I expected. I'll fill you in as I progress in the season.

Shadow

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 12, 2013, 09:39:42 AMI just started watching this today.  A bit different than what I expected. I'll fill you in as I progress in the season.
If I wasn't already watching a ton of other crap, this is one of the ones I'd be watching now too. Hope you have good things to say.

JasonzSon

I'm watching Star Trek TOS, Sherlock, Power Rangers Season 8, and just started looking at American Horror Story and Young Justice in addition to shows that I'm watching as they're released.  I'm making use of my unemployed time.

Crash Dummie

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 05:43:57 AM
And that entire season was better than anything else on TV at the time. So yeah.  [*finger*]

SmartgunnerDrake

May give it a watch got plenty of free time given there is only one episode a week of TWD and I've no idea when Breaking Bad returns.

JasonzSon

I'm almost through Season 1, though I did make a mistake (or rather, I trusted a site that I stopped visiting for being untrustworthy) and started off with the wrong season without realizing it.  So I've got about 3-4 episodes before I've finished Season 1.