Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

American Horror Story

Started by DrumrbaxJ, February 05, 2013, 03:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeraiLer

I have sat down with the box set of season 1 my friend lent me and got 5 episodes in. The show has failed to win me over. The only time I was entertained was when the copycats invaded the house. Good episode and then next episode goes right back into drama crap. Does it pick up at all this season or should I quit now?

Shadow

Well I guess the good thing about that is if you have a problem with one season, and all the seasons are based off of different stories, then there is always a chance that you'll like the next season.

JasonzSon

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 26, 2013, 05:44:25 AM
I have sat down with the box set of season 1 my friend lent me and got 5 episodes in. The show has failed to win me over. The only time I was entertained was when the copycats invaded the house. Good episode and then next episode goes right back into drama crap. Does it pick up at all this season or should I quit now?
It seems to me the horror elements are introduced more and more as the season goes on.  Halloween marks a turning point in the season.

JasonzSon

Quote from: L-Face on February 05, 2013, 03:42:37 AM
Never got into this. It had the misfortune of coming around at the same time as the Walking Dead. Made the decision to go with TWD. I regret nothing.
The same person introduced me to both of these shows (I don't watch TV).  AHS didn't start until after that person had actually quit watching TWD for good.

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 06, 2013, 02:28:54 AM
Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 02:26:48 AM
Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 05, 2013, 03:33:02 PM
How irritating virtually every female character bar a few have been?

Oh yeah, and this.

I think Season 3 has been pretty damn good though and it may finally go from "good" show to "great" show if it keeps it up.

I never watched The Walking Dead, but how long can they keep it up? They might meet the occasional new character, old characters die off slowly, tensions run high, infighting occurs, etc.

Unless I'm missing something vital about the plot, I can't see it going on forever, and more to my point, I can't understand how it could be terribly creative and unique to view.
That, and every plot that can be done with zombies has been done.  Twice.  Really the Newsflesh series was the first thing I've seen that actually made me give a crap about zombies.  The original NotLD was enjoyable, but even that had more than one thing going on to cause tension.

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 26, 2013, 05:44:25 AM
Did you ever come back to this De?

Ghost Def

I LOVE AHS. I've watched every episode of every season. The first season had some mediocre episodes. De, you should DEFINITELY finish the series. I love how they parallel reality with it. One of my favorite episodes is when they bring the Black Dahlia Murder victim (Elizabeth Short) into the story. They had her character down to a 'T' (having bad teeth, seeking fame, etc). Very interesting stuff. I love the continuous nods to Amityville Horror. However, my favorite season hands down was the second. It has demonic possessions, aliens, Nazi experiments, a bizarre love triangle, a nun combating her faith, humanoid cannibals. What more can a horror fan ask for? Plus Charlie Clouser (Saw, Dead Silence, ex-Nine Inch Nails) does the score.

Season 3 was only good in the beginning, then it turned into The Craft. It was kinda lame. I'm really looking forward to this upcoming season though. American Horror Story: Freak Show. I'm actually quite surprised no one but Akasha likes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sPa1kYUyAQ