Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

How can you tell if a girl likes you?

Started by Dorkus, February 25, 2013, 09:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorkus

Because I think a girl might, and I'm not usually optimistic about this kind of thing.

I work at a supermarket. I pretty much keep to myself and have done for years there, so I don't converse with many of my co-workers beyond a simple "how are you"?

That has all changed with the arrival of this new girl, who I'll call Alice (mostly because that's her name).

It could just be that she's the super social type, but at various points during the day she'll approach me and want to know about me. I don't think it's quite flirtacious behaviour, but it's more friendlyness than I'm used to recieving from girls. And, I mean, she'll smile or laugh at everything I say...could be the awkardness I emit.

I'm mostly making this thread because the thread count could use some boosting, but I figured some of you may know women better than I.

JasonzSon

It's really hard to tell.  Case in point, all of my female friends and I thought a chick was coming on to me.  Turns out she had a boyfriend already and was just really friendly and enthusiastic.

I would say be friendly back, and if you're interested in pursuing a relationship do so in casual ways. Coffee or a movie are old classics, things you could do with a friend or a date equally well.  If she agrees to these, start to ask those questions that lead to a relationship.

If you don't want one... treat her no differently than if you didn't have this question.

Dorkus

I think I'd trust 4chan with this subject before I trusted Reddit.  [*laugh*]

Shadow

How is she acting with you compared to others... that's probably one of the biggest indicators.

Hell, just flirt with her a bit... ask her out like Jz said; see what happens from there.

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 25, 2013, 10:26:01 AMwww.reddit.com/r/seduction
No. [*angry*]

Midian Fiend

Jz nailed it, I think she may just be a nice, approachable and social person. If she hasn't said anything she might be waiting for you to make a move, go ahead and ask her out but keep it casual and see where it goes. Try not to get too emotionally invested in her before you know if she likes you.

Pastor

Things to do on your first date with her:

-Bring your shrunken head collection with you in a Radio Flyer
-Eat chips the entire time
-Bring a laptop and re-format it together

Dorkus

Crash Dummie

Quote from: Dorkus on February 25, 2013, 01:40:13 PM
I think I'd trust 4chan with this subject before I trusted Reddit.  [*laugh*]
I wouldn't exactly trust Reddit, but I also wouldn't exactly trust FE.  [*laugh*]

That being said. The signs she gave you may be nothing, or they may be something.

Be nice, funny and confident. Stay natural, play your cards well, and DON'T be afraid of rejection. So what if she's not into you after all?

Shadow

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 25, 2013, 04:46:28 PM
I wouldn't exactly trust Reddit, but I also wouldn't exactly trust FE.  [*laugh*]
I read some of the crap of that sub reddit. Might as well watch some romantic comedy or get your advice from 4chan.

Just talk to her a little bit more. Maybe during lunch or something... get to know her a bit more and see how it goes from there.

EDIT: Well what do you know... their top post of all time is straight off of 4chan.

Chucky

Quote from: Dorkus on February 25, 2013, 02:58:00 PM
I don't think I even know how to flirt.

Whip your cock out.

Quick. Easy. Simple.

Crash Dummie

I like some subs; if you're looking for how to dress well, good shaving apparel, information on video games (or anything else)... When a sub isn't drowned in shitty fucking memes, there can be good stuff.

/r/seduction isn't really one of them. [*laugh*] I put that link up as a semi-joke because I couldn't think of anything to say. Well, I'll indulge myself now. I hope it doesn't come across as houlier than thou smug.

When I said this "Be nice, funny and confident. Stay natural, play your cards well, and DON'T be afraid of rejection. So what if she's not into you after all?". That's about the only good advice on that subreddit, only because it's so fucking obvious. The rest is mostly just guys bragging.

But hell, that small bit of info DOES actually sort of work. It's all about the way you project yourself as a human being. Of course, you have to back it up, but image is also important.

I went from being the biggest awkward nerd loser when I was a teenager, to a guy that gets a little too much attention for his tastes. Not that much mind you, I've never been and never will be a pick up artist, but I've had to turn down a few offers of people that were into me.

Reddit won't help you do that, it can be a long, gradual and painful change, but you can grow to like your own skin and project yourself well. If I could do it, anyone can, and chances are girls, boys, or whatever you're into will notice.

People often think you have to be a stupid badboy jerk to "get the girl", and that nice guys get nothing. Lonely, needy people get nothing, and jerks may be appealing to women at first, but the illusion quickly fades away. It's possible to be a nice, respectful person, but still be interesting.

Quote from: Chucky on February 26, 2013, 02:09:16 AM
Quote from: Dorkus on February 25, 2013, 02:58:00 PM
I don't think I even know how to flirt.

Whip your cock out.

Quick. Easy. Simple.
That works too.

Daebo

A lot of good advice in this thread. I'd just like to add don't put her on a pedestal, if you start worshiping the ground she walks, complimenting her too much, etc, that gives her a creepy feeling. Always present yourself as an equal. 

Crash Dummie

I don't remember who said that, but I heard something like "If you put someone on a pedestal, they have no choice but to look down on you.".

Respect is important. The MOST important thing in my opinion. But then again, nobody is deserving of a god like treatment. Equality sounds about right.

Shadow

Quote from: Daebo on February 26, 2013, 02:33:05 AM
A lot of good advice in this thread. I'd just like to add don't put her on a pedestal, if you start worshiping the ground she walks, complimenting her too much, etc, that gives her a creepy feeling. Always present yourself as an equal.
Not to mention it opens the door to be walked all over.