Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by Giddins, February 20, 2013, 01:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giddins

a little surprised that this thread wasn't started sooner since the game came out last week.

so has anyone played it or planning to get it? reviews are not very nice. getting about 4 out of 10 on the 3 sites i check (ign, game trailers and gamespot) but i have a friend tell me she was enjoying it. anyone got any thoughts

i myself was hoping it would be good, given it was from gearbox and based on aliens. thought i wasn't going to get it till reviews came out.

Daebo

I rented it from Redbox, Very watered down version of Borderlands. I guess it might, I stress might, get better if you put a lot of time into it and leveled up, but I did didn't seem worth it.

Crash Dummie

I was more interested in the Metroid like Aliens game for the DS, that came out a few years ago. I think I'll eventually get it.

Shadow

I completely forgot about this one. Might read some reviews and/or watch a few level play throughs before I buy it, though.

JasonzSon

I'm sure a friend of mine is going to be posting a Let's Play of this.  I also know that the internet as a whole has condemned it as a terrible game (both those who have and haven't played it).

Shadow

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 24, 2013, 03:17:33 AMI'm sure a friend of mine is going to be posting a Let's Play of this.  I also know that the internet as a whole has condemned it as a terrible game (both those who have and haven't played it).
All I know is that the demo, which supposedly had tons of bells and whistles to it, was a far cry from what was actually in the game. Meaning nice frilly demo, but a really lacking game.

Not sure how true this is, though. That is why I'm a little wary of it for the time being... and a reason why I hardly ever pre-order games ever.

gorefan1428

I never ever buy a game new.

let the suckers pay 60 bucks for it and ill get it a few months later for half the cost if it's a game worth playing.

Shadow

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 24, 2013, 03:46:16 PMI never ever buy a game new.

let the suckers pay 60 bucks for it and ill get it a few months later for half the cost if it's a game worth playing.
Yeah, there are only a handful of games that I buy anymore at their launch... and even less that I go out of my way to pre-order.

The problem is a lot of the time the studio hypes up the fans so much it sort of starts a snowball effect... when there isn't really that much to get hyped about to begin with. Hell... sometimes the studios aren't even the ones that need to start it.