Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Silent Era Films

Started by JasonzSon, February 11, 2013, 06:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 14, 2013, 06:49:32 PM
Ebay operates in any country that has a postal system.

Yes but not all sellers will post internationally... then again, you could use an on-forwarder that will give you a fake USA address to use in situations like that but it depends if the extra $$$ and effort is worth the hassle.

gorefan1428

yeah but the cost to get it shipped overseas is outrages. In many cases the shipping would cost someone way more than what they will actually pay for the product.

Quote from: Chucky on February 14, 2013, 10:10:05 PM

Yes but not all sellers will post internationally... then again, you could use an on-forwarder that will give you a fake USA address to use in situations like that but it depends if the extra $$$ and effort is worth the hassle.

This also i'v been selling on ebay for a while now even made a business out of it.

I refuse to do international sales

from a sellers stand point  the shipping cost so much that buyers get pissy and ding you for high shipping charges.

a lot of other countries do not have the tracking system the U.S. does so if you item does get lost there is no way to find it or the buyer can lie and say it never arrived.

There is extra paperwork involved.

so that is  why i made the comment about him living in another country, wasn't saying he couldn't use ebay.

JasonzSon

Eh, it depends on the country and the shipment.  Most countries have their own versions of Ebay, Amazon, etc. so that shouldn't be a huge issue.

MadMatt2185

I do recall seeing posters online for the Cthulhu movie for some reason. Probably something I should look into one of these days. Also I should suspect that when I finally run out of stuff for my "Matt Watches" show that I may have to hit upon the old public domain Universal classics till I find something else.

gorefan1428

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 15, 2013, 08:31:22 AM
Most countries have their own versions of Ebay, Amazon, etc. so that shouldn't be a huge issue.

unless they dont have what someone is looking for  [*deal*]

But anyway back to topic, um what was the topic again  [*uhoh*]

Midian Fiend

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 14, 2013, 02:29:36 AM
From the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society of course.

http://www.cthulhulives.org/

Awesome! thanks Crash. Lovecraft is a favourite.

Jigsaw

Sorry I wasn't here a month ago. I've seen around 15 silent horror films, and am actually watching one right now, so I may know more about them then a lot of people here.

JasonzSon

Well, I published my Nosferatu article, but I'd still be glad to chat silent films.  I've been trying to watch a bunch of them; my experience in the black and white era has been sorely lacking, and the Hitchcock collection I recently bought includes 6 silent films.

Jigsaw

These are the silent films I've seen thus far (and I'm in the middle of watching a whole bunch for the next week or so):

Der Student von Prag (1913), The Avenging Conscience: or 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' (1914), Pikovaya dama (1916), Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari. (1920), Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920), Der müde Tod (1921), Körkarlen (1921), Häxan (1922), Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens (1922), The Headless Horseman (1922), The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923), The Monster (1925), The Phantom of the Opera (1925), The Bat (1926), The Cat and the Canary (1927), The Unknown (1927), The Last Warning (1929)

From my count, that's 17 films so far. If you need any recommendations, I'd suggest watching The Last Warning (1929) - I don't hear many people talk about it, and it's one of my favorite silent films.