Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Horror Movie Checklist 2013

Started by Dorkus, February 08, 2013, 01:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

You're saying that to someone who honestly doesn't think that voice has caused any games that I've played to date to be any better, and whose two favorite games of all time were both made in the late 90s.

DrumrbaxJ

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 11, 2013, 05:41:48 PM
You're saying that to someone who honestly doesn't think that voice has caused any games that I've played to date to be any better, and whose two favorite games of all time were both made in the late 90s.

...being?

JasonzSon

That would be Final Fantasy VII and Tekken Tag Tournament.

Dorkus

Mini-review and score posted up for Martyrs.

JasonzSon

I need to figure out what I want to rate Strippers vs Werewolves.  It was a lot less bad than I expected it to be.

gorefan1428

Jigsaw

Unheimliche Geschichten (1919) [The problem with this film is quite common with anthologies. While some of the stories are quite memorable, a large majority simply are not. It's the earliest horror anthology film I am aware of, but it's simply not amazing.] [5.5/10]

Schatten - Eine nächtliche Halluzination (1923) [This film was very bizarre to watch. It's a silent film of course, but there are zero intertitles (captions) explaining what's going on. Not only were there zero title screens, but there was no music in the background, like most silent movies have. The story itself was sometimes hard to follow due to the lack of intertitles, but it was sort of worth seeing. Would rewatch.] [6/10]

Das Wachsfigurenkabinett (1924) [The main issue with this is that it's not strictly horror. It's an anthology with two stories in it, the first one being fantasy based without any horror elements. It's still fun, mind, but not horror. Ironically, the second story, which does have strong horror elements, was a bit hard for me to follow, and as such, I preferred the first story. The framing story isn't bad, but it doesn't really stand out. The end is sort of cool, however.] [6/10]

Midnight Faces (1926) [This was an awesomely cool mystery/haunted house film. The existing print is very short (about an hour), so it doesn't take up too much time. The location is a house in the middle of a swamp, which someone recently inherits. Or do they? It comes down to the reading of the will, which some parties wish to prevent. It was fun, but it sort of blends in with the countless other films like it. Worth watching, though.] [7.5/10]

Secret of the Blue Room (1933) [This was really fun. A little heard of gem, Secret of the Blue Room deals with a room in a mansion, in which if you sleep in the room, the next morning, you are found dead. A few guys test this out, skeptical, but when deaths start occurring, shit gets real. This was very memorable, and just a great film. The ending was a nice surprise, and greatly helped the rating.] [8.5/10]

JasonzSon

Added my thoughts on last year's Silent Night.

JasonzSon

Old list done.  New list, all films that I have on DVD and haven't watched yet:

Rear Window (1954) [review] [/10]

Cry Wolf (2005) [review] [/10]

Puppet Master (1989) [review] [/10]

Immortality (2000) [review] [/10]

White Noise (2004) [review] [/10]

Jigsaw

Updated old list completely, perhaps a new one will be constructed.