Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Discussion of Future Portions of this Site

Started by Jigsaw, February 04, 2013, 08:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Quote from: Giddins on February 05, 2013, 03:26:03 PM
on people profiles can you add can you add different contact details like twitter accounts. facebook. x-box live gamertag. psn network id. or are they all pre-set?

I would have to add those myself. Which I will do at some point but is low priority.

JasonzSon

If you ever get around to it, I imagine Skype is more essential than ICQ in this day and age.

Shadow

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 05, 2013, 03:41:31 PM
If you ever get around to it, I imagine Skype is more essential than ICQ in this day and age.
Word.

I found it really odd that a forum provider would have ICQ as a base section on their profile, but they haven't gotten around to adding Skype yet. Does anyone actually use any of those IMs anymore? I mean hell, Skype does that, and tons more.

gorefan1428

ok this is probably a noob question but for the life of me i cant remember how to quote two peoples post in one reply, can someone help me out?

Giddins

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 05, 2013, 03:45:51 PM
ok this is probably a noob question but for the life of me i cant remember how to quote two peoples post in one reply, can someone help me out?

scroll down when typing your reply to see what people have said. next to their post is "insert quote"

Giddins

and didn't msn merge with skype just recently?

JasonzSon

Quote from: Giddins on February 05, 2013, 03:52:00 PM

and didn't msn merge with skype just recently?
Not to my knowledge it hasn't.  I imagine I would have gotten some kind of update from it auto loading when I turn on my computer.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Giddins on February 05, 2013, 03:48:07 PM
Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 05, 2013, 03:45:51 PM

scroll down when typing your reply to see what people have said. next to their post is "insert quote"

thanks

Chucky

Yeah, I heard on the radio recently that MSN messenger is being taken over by Skype.

Giddins

i got this in an e-mail about a month agoHello,

On 15th March 2013 we are retiring the existing Messenger service globally (except for mainland China where Messenger will continue to be available) and bringing the great features of Messenger and Skype together. Update to Skype and sign in using a Microsoft Account (same as your Messenger ID) and all your Messenger contacts will be at your fingertips. You'll be able to instant message and video chat with them just like before, and also discover new ways of staying in touch with Skype on your mobile and tablet.

JasonzSon

Quote from: Giddins on February 05, 2013, 04:00:58 PM
i got this in an e-mail about a month agoHello,

On 15th March 2013 we are retiring the existing Messenger service globally (except for mainland China where Messenger will continue to be available) and bringing the great features of Messenger and Skype together. Update to Skype and sign in using a Microsoft Account (same as your Messenger ID) and all your Messenger contacts will be at your fingertips. You'll be able to instant message and video chat with them just like before, and also discover new ways of staying in touch with Skype on your mobile and tablet.
Huh, interesting.  Well, if there's some way to merge the accounts, I'll care.

Chucky

Just thought I'd mention that there is now BBC for YouTube if you look for the button when posting a YouTube clips. Just copy the youtube link between the tags, much the same as doing it with images with the IMG tags.