Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

This is why I'll watch the new Die Hard

Started by Dorkus, February 06, 2013, 06:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

I saw a trailer for the film, and something looked off about it. Perhaps it's just time to stop the series? I didn't dislike the fourth one (I know a lot of people did), but it has to end before the series starts sucking (so it doesn't end up like Saw).

L-Face

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 06, 2013, 06:47:19 AM
I saw a trailer for the film, and something looked off about it. Perhaps it's just time to stop the series? I didn't dislike the fourth one (I know a lot of people did), but it has to end before the series starts sucking (so it doesn't end up like Saw).
You say that as if Die Hard's been making a sequel every year for the past 20 years.

Anyways, I'll be seeing the new one because unlike Live Free or Die Hard, this one is actually an R Rated Film. May seem like a terrible reason to see a film, but that's kind of what makes Die Hard, Die Hard. If that makes any sense.

Jigsaw

Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 06:54:21 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw on February 06, 2013, 06:47:19 AM
You say that as if Die Hard's been making a sequel every year for the past 20 years.

Anyways, I'll be seeing the new one because unlike Live Free or Die Hard, this one is actually an R Rated Film. May seem like a terrible reason to see a film, but that's kind of what makes Die Hard, Die Hard. If that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense. I forgot what the rating for the fourth one was, but it felt tame to me. You're right, of course - an R makes it much more appealing.

Shadow

With a body like that one could really... Die Hard.

DrumrbaxJ

"Yippie kai yay mother *explosion*" was number four to a T. That and his kiddie kid offsider. I like him, but not in a Die Hard film.

DeraiLer

I have seen all Die Hard movies and will see this one as well. Go John McClane!

Reign in Blood

Definitely glad this is getting an R rating. I thought part 4 was alright all things considering, but was there a more retarded decision Hollywood has made to make that PG-13, when half of McClane's appeal is his sailor mouth and his household catchphrase that includes motherfucker? Let's start releasing slasher flicks as PG too.. Oh wait.

L-Face

Think it was a Bruce Willis decision. From everything I heard, he was calling the shots on Live Free or Die Hard. He figured a PG-13 rating would bring in a wider audience. Not sure how that worked out. At least there was an unrated version that brought the charm of McClane dropping F-bombs back.  [*yes*]

Midian Fiend

DrumrbaxJ

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 05:42:15 PM
Think it was a Bruce Willis decision. From everything I heard, he was calling the shots on Live Free or Die Hard. He figured a PG-13 rating would bring in a wider audience. Not sure how that worked out. At least there was an unrated version that brought the charm of McClane dropping F-bombs back.  [*yes*]

THERE WAS?!

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 05:42:15 PMThink it was a Bruce Willis decision. From everything I heard, he was calling the shots on Live Free or Die Hard. He figured a PG-13 rating would bring in a wider audience. Not sure how that worked out. At least there was an unrated version that brought the charm of McClane dropping F-bombs back.  [*yes*]
Not sure why there needs to be a rating system, especially for language, anymore. Go on any website or online game and it's usually the kids that are the most foul mouthed.