Login or Register to rate and discuss movies   Member Benefits  Find Movies
Latest Updates
Movie Database
Character Battles
Random Musings
Forum Discussions
Contact Us
0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z
Current forum time: November 14, 2019, 12:23:46 AM

Author Topic: This is why I'll watch the new Die Hard  (Read 2830 times)

This is why I'll watch the new Die Hard
« on: February 06, 2013, 06:46:01 AM »

Re: This is why I'll watch the new Die Hard
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 06:47:19 AM »
I saw a trailer for the film, and something looked off about it. Perhaps it's just time to stop the series? I didn't dislike the fourth one (I know a lot of people did), but it has to end before the series starts sucking (so it doesn't end up like Saw).

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:54:21 AM »
I saw a trailer for the film, and something looked off about it. Perhaps it's just time to stop the series? I didn't dislike the fourth one (I know a lot of people did), but it has to end before the series starts sucking (so it doesn't end up like Saw).
You say that as if Die Hard's been making a sequel every year for the past 20 years.

Anyways, I'll be seeing the new one because unlike Live Free or Die Hard, this one is actually an R Rated Film. May seem like a terrible reason to see a film, but that's kind of what makes Die Hard, Die Hard. If that makes any sense.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 06:55:20 AM »
You say that as if Die Hard's been making a sequel every year for the past 20 years.

Anyways, I'll be seeing the new one because unlike Live Free or Die Hard, this one is actually an R Rated Film. May seem like a terrible reason to see a film, but that's kind of what makes Die Hard, Die Hard. If that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense. I forgot what the rating for the fourth one was, but it felt tame to me. You're right, of course - an R makes it much more appealing.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 06:56:49 AM »
With a body like that one could really... Die Hard.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:58:32 AM »
 [*no*]

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 08:32:56 AM »
 [*no*]

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 08:37:27 AM »
 [*yes*]

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 06:20:24 AM »
"Yippie kai yay mother *explosion*" was number four to a T. That and his kiddie kid offsider. I like him, but not in a Die Hard film.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 06:23:19 AM »
I have seen all Die Hard movies and will see this one as well. Go John McClane!

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 12:58:41 PM »
Definitely glad this is getting an R rating. I thought part 4 was alright all things considering, but was there a more retarded decision Hollywood has made to make that PG-13, when half of McClane's appeal is his sailor mouth and his household catchphrase that includes motherfucker? Let's start releasing slasher flicks as PG too.. Oh wait.

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 05:42:15 PM »
Think it was a Bruce Willis decision. From everything I heard, he was calling the shots on Live Free or Die Hard. He figured a PG-13 rating would bring in a wider audience. Not sure how that worked out. At least there was an unrated version that brought the charm of McClane dropping F-bombs back.  [*yes*]

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 06:57:37 PM »
With a body like that one could really... Die Hard.

[*hibaby*]

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 05:18:07 AM »
Think it was a Bruce Willis decision. From everything I heard, he was calling the shots on Live Free or Die Hard. He figured a PG-13 rating would bring in a wider audience. Not sure how that worked out. At least there was an unrated version that brought the charm of McClane dropping F-bombs back.  [*yes*]

THERE WAS?!

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 07:52:39 AM »

Not sure why there needs to be a rating system, especially for language, anymore. Go on any website or online game and it's usually the kids that are the most foul mouthed.

This site contains language and images which may not be suitable for persons under the age of 18.
All promotional art & images used on this site are copyrighted by their respective owners.