Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What's the Last Horror Movie You Watched?

Started by L-Face, February 06, 2013, 12:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

Cinemacult

Just finished watching Lair of the white worm and now watching Bates motel the TV movie.

Jigsaw

I've never seen Lair of the White Worm - heard some mixed things, though.

What did you think?

And Bates Motel, assuming you mean the 1987 one, was a strange flick. Went all over the place, and the ending was so, so, so corny. I rather enjoyed it, though.

gorefan1428

All the colors of the dark

Pretty interesting Italian horror flick

Jigsaw

Never seen that one, but it's on my radar. Strange as it was, did you have a good time with it?

gorefan1428

It was off the wall sort of and more on the psychological side but a fun watch definitely worth checking out

It's on shudder right now if you have  it

Jigsaw

I do indeed. Have a list of about eight movies I'm trying to get through this week, but I'll throw it on the potential schedule for next week.  [*thumbsup*]

Jigsaw

Just finished The Shining (1980).

Never been a fan of this one. Seen it something like four times, and I don't think I ever enjoyed it. Definitely a film I see as below average.

My scathing review, when released in some months, will be quite the fun time.  [*hehehmm*]

gorefan1428

say it ain't so jig lol

to each their own always been one of my favorite king adaptations and a horror film i enjoy just in general.

Jigsaw

I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to this, but I'll find a way to live with the shame.  [*laugh*]

gorefan1428

to hell and back the kane hooder story
not sure if this should go in horror or non horror since its a horror doc oh well

very well put together and interesting doc

Chucky

I contributed to the funding to put that doco together. I got a bluray and signed mask by Kane.

gorefan1428

Jigsaw

Tales from the Hood 2 (2018)

I really liked the first Tales from the Hood (and in fact, it may be one of my favorite anthology horrors of the 1990's), but this was just overly insulting and pathetic. I'll post my full review in time, but suffice it to say this was easily one of the worst anthology horror films I've ever seen. 3/10.

gorefan1428

The last showing

I had sort of high hopes going into this one and had been wanting to watch it for a while being it stars horror legend Robert Englund.

First the good points
Robert was brilliant as usual  and gave the sole shining performance  of the film.
His theater projectionist character was creepy , believable and menacing.
The concept of the film was interesting and something different.
As far as good points thats it.

Now the bad
The other characters in the film were  dull, poorly acted, and  didn't bring much to the table.
I just couldn't make my self care what happened to them and could wait for Roberts character to get back on screen.
Pacing was gruelingly slow and there just wasn't a lot going on. Death count was low and far between was more of a build up film but the build up just didn't work.
The plot also didn't make sense as it went along. As enjoyable as Robert is to watch he just couldn't carry this stinker alone.

Overall a very passable let down of a film with a few bright spots
2.5 out of 10     

2 for Robert and a half for the interesting premise.