Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Rob Zombie's Lords Of Salem

Started by DrumrbaxJ, February 05, 2013, 05:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 05:19:07 AMIs his wife in this? I feel he's really not casting her in enough of his films. Give the woman a chance, Rob.
She was the blonde with the dreadlocks.

When will white people learn they can't pull of dreds.

L-Face

Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 05:19:07 AM
Is his wife in this? I feel he's really not casting her in enough of his films. Give the woman a chance, Rob.
I know that's a joke. But still. Ew.

JasonzSon

Quote from: Shadow on February 06, 2013, 05:23:25 AM
Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 05:19:07 AMIs his wife in this? I feel he's really not casting her in enough of his films. Give the woman a chance, Rob.

Even in Matrix: Reloaded?

L-Face

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 05:28:33 AM
Quote from: Shadow on February 06, 2013, 05:23:25 AM

Even in Matrix: Reloaded?
Especially the Matrix Reloaded.

Shadow

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 05:28:33 AMEven in Matrix: Reloaded?
They looked like fancy hobos, rather than filthy ones.

Reign in Blood

Quote from: Chucky on February 05, 2013, 11:27:07 PM
Quote from: L-Face on February 05, 2013, 11:13:48 PM
Don't think it's a matter of Opera music. No, it's more of a matter of most of us learning our lesson with Rob Zombie. Which is, "Avoid him at all costs for he is the eater of worlds."

Eh, his track record is fine. He's only directed a handful of movies to which half have been decent. I think the problem with Rob Zombie is that like Quentin Tarantino, he has a specific style he often uses, in his case it's usually a redneck/southern flavour to his films which after a while can become stale or tiresome to people... Tarantino is obviously more successful because there's a lot more diversity, thought and talent to his films but I don't think Rob Zombie is a bad filmmaker at all.

Agreed with all that. except I think half have been damn good.

L-Face

I used to think that Devil's Rejects was a good movie. Then I saw it again and quickly realized that Rob has somehow managed to fool people into thinking he's directed more than one movie, while in actuality, all of his shit is the same movie only with a different set of characters.

JasonzSon

He's not the first and he won't be the last.

gorefan1428

would have rather seen him make another cd as opposed to another film

L-Face

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 06, 2013, 02:03:10 PM
would have rather seen him make another cd as opposed to another film
He's doing that too, apparently. But the last one (Hellbilly Deluxe 2) sucked hard. Sick Bubblegum could very well be the worst rock song I've ever heard in my entire life.

Crash Dummie

It's not even stupidly fun in a "Friday" or "Never Gonna Give You Up" way?

L-Face

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 07, 2013, 01:36:48 AM
It's not even stupidly fun in a "Friday" or "Never Gonna Give You Up" way?
By "Friday" I'm assuming you mean the Rebecca Black song and not the song by Ice Cube? Either way, it's not a fun song to listen to. It's really, really infuriating, at least to me it is. Actually used to like Rob Zombie as a musician up until that point.

Crash Dummie

Rebecca Black? I mean the classic by Bob Dylan, of course.

[*laugh*]

Edit: Why isn't the youtube tag working?

L-Face

Dunno, may be one of those errors Chuck was talking about.

If your curiosity gets the best of you. That's "Sick Bubblegum" Ugh.

Crash Dummie

I expected much worse. It sounds like any very average filler of the genre I've heard. It's not really good, but it doesn't make me want to kill myself like, say "Stupid Hoe". Or Nickie Minaj in general for that matter. It is dull and repetitive as all hell however.

Anyways, Rob Zombie. Movies. Focus Crash!

I probably won't ever watch another of Rob's movie. He definitely has an interesting style, but he badly needs someone to make sure he doesn't indulge in his worst tendencies, and someone else to do the casting for him.