Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Rob Zombie's Lords Of Salem

Started by DrumrbaxJ, February 05, 2013, 05:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reign in Blood

Looks like it's got the same witch/hell beast from Insidious. I'm down for a prequel. What, you guys don't like the Opera music or some shit?

Jigsaw

Actually, the music is fantastic, but the film itself looks like a mess. A more satanist version of House of 1000 Corpses, basically, with a mesh of scenes and odd camera angles to make up for creativity when it comes to the story itself (which, upon my second viewing of House of 1000 Corpses, worked pretty well).

L-Face

Quote from: Reign in Blood on February 05, 2013, 08:00:55 PM
Looks like it's got the same witch/hell beast from Insidious. I'm down for a prequel. What, you guys don't like the Opera music or some shit?
Don't think it's a matter of Opera music. No, it's more of a matter of most of us learning our lesson with Rob Zombie. Which is, "Avoid him at all costs for he is the eater of worlds."

Jigsaw

Quote from: L-Face on February 05, 2013, 11:13:48 PM
Quote from: Reign in Blood on February 05, 2013, 08:00:55 PM
Don't think it's a matter of Opera music. No, it's more of a matter of most of us learning our lesson with Rob Zombie. Which is, "Avoid him at all costs for he is the eater of worlds."

If he was as cool as Galactus, believe me, I'd like him more.

L-Face

He is as cool as Galactus....

.....the one from Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Chucky

Eh, his track record is fine. He's only directed a handful of movies to which half have been decent. I think the problem with Rob Zombie is that like Quentin Tarantino, he has a specific style he often uses, in his case it's usually a redneck/southern flavour to his films which after a while can become stale or tiresome to people... Tarantino is obviously more successful because there's a lot more diversity, thought and talent to his films but I don't think Rob Zombie is a bad filmmaker at all.

L-Face

Quote from: Chucky on February 05, 2013, 11:27:07 PM

Eh, his track record is fine. He's only directed a handful of movies to which half have been decent.
That's a matter of opinion. Personally, I think all of his movies have been garbage. But that's just my take.

Jigsaw

I still think The Devil's Rejects is one of the finest films from 2005, but I do believe most of his other work is iffy at best.

DrumrbaxJ

As a purveyor of fine film, I shall definitely be scoping this out to see what the fuck is going on.

JasonzSon

Shadow

The trailer is pretentious as shit, if you ask me.

Not to mention it looks like something some kid in high school filmed in their back yard... shitty props and all.

Dorkus

Is his wife in this? I feel he's really not casting her in enough of his films. Give the woman a chance, Rob.