Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Rare Horror DVDs and DVD-Rs.

Started by JasonzSon, July 18, 2013, 04:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

Today this was brought to my attention:

This movie is known as Cozzilla, a cross between Director Luigi Cozzi and Godzilla.  It's a badly Turnerized edit of Godzilla, King of the Monsters, spliced in with actual footage of the Hiroshima bombing (which makes this a real life snuff film, but that's another matter) and other movies of the 1950s.

Considering that I just bought the Japanese and American cuts of this film, the fact that there is a 1977 special (ostensibly terrible) cut of the film that was only released in Italian theatres lights a fire under my ass.  I spent two hours this evening trying to find a way to watch this film and all I found was a dozen rare DVD sites that have never heard of it, two closed sites that hosted streams of it, four links to the American 1956 version, and four Youtube videos that were taken down for copyright reasons.  I know DVD-Rs of this are floating around out there somewhere... if anybody has any idea where to find this, I will pay real DVD price for it.

How about you?  Anybody else have any rare DVDs you're looking for?

MadMatt2185

Ya I get the feeling you'll be hard pressed to find it, with Toho copy rights and all.

JasonzSon

Is it just me, or are each of my posts tonight missing an image?  I'm seeing the "Hiroshima" image from this one and I have a feeling if I look at my other post again, the Gamera set will be gone again.