Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Freddy likes it up the ass

Started by Chucky, June 01, 2013, 11:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomed Knight

so they have 5 years to make up something good... mmmh...

L-Face

Quote from: Crash Dummie on June 06, 2013, 04:45:51 AM
The Friday remake was alright. Better than the new Freddy.

The bar was much lower than the Nightmare remake, but they didn't trip over it and make it catch fire.
I dunno. I went into both wanting to hate them (more so the Elm Street remake due to the original being my favorite movie) but didn't really hate them. That's not to say that I thought they were good movies, because they weren't. But they weren't terrible either. Both played it fairly safe in what they did, Elm Street more than Friday.

Quote from: Doomed Knight on June 06, 2013, 05:15:25 AM
so they have 5 years to make up something good... mmmh...
Nope. Five years to make as many Friday the 13th films as possible. Wouldn't say any of them have been good. Entertaining sure, but not good. But people that watch the films aren't looking for something good. They're looking for a body count and to enjoy the creative ways in which Jason offs dumb teenagers.

Crash Dummie

I'd say Jason Lives is a good movie. Barely, but it's fun, funny and it has some good kills.

Dorkus

This reminds me it's been years since I've seen FvsJ. Wonder how it holds up.

JasonzSon

True story, FvJ was the first horror movie I ever watched start to finish.  It was while I was researching that movie that I found FE.

Crash Dummie

Quote from: Dorkus on June 07, 2013, 09:32:30 AM
I watched it last Halloween. It's probably the best Friday the 13th movie, and a decent Nightmare. It's really, really fun and bloody. That fight as the end is still ridiculously amazing.

Doomed Knight

Quote from: JasonzSon on June 07, 2013, 12:15:18 PM
True story, FvJ was the first horror movie I ever watched start to finish.  It was while I was researching that movie that I found FE.

I forgot how old that movie is.

JasonzSon

Let me correct that: the first slasher movie I watched, and the first horror movie I watched on DVD.  The first horror movie I ever watched was the 1999 version of The Haunting, in theatres at age 10.

Chucky

Quote from: JasonzSon on June 07, 2013, 12:15:18 PM

History note: Freddy vs Jason is what spawned this website, originally. Hence the reason why the site had the fights.

Shadow

Quote from: Dorkus on June 07, 2013, 09:32:30 AM
I'd imagine it holds sort of like watching an old WWE ppv. Except cheesier acting.

L-Face

It's definitely campy, but what else could we expect from a crossover like that? Worst case scenario would be the AvP films, best case scenario is what FvJ is. Dumb fun. Though, I have a feeling Ronny Yiu (sp?) meant for it to be more than it was, but that's based off of a commentary track that I last listened to about a decade ago.

Shadow

That wasn't a complaint, that was a compliment (kinda).

L-Face

Just read that the entire Friday the 13th film series will be released in a box set for the first time ever for BluRay owners. Friday the 13th fans have Christopher Nolan to thank for that.  [*deal*]

Chucky

I would be happier if they managed to restore all of the deleted stuff from F13 part 7. All of that stuff was cut because of how violent it was but by these days it would now be considered tame.

Crash Dummie

Yeah. All they have is bag VHS quality footage. Not sure they can do much with it, but it really shows how the movie got neutered.