Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What was the last DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital Copy you bought?

Started by JasonzSon, March 15, 2013, 01:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

What was the last film you purchased?  I didn't include VHS, Laser Disc, or Betamax, largely because they deserve their own thread.  I didn't include Digital Copies you didn't purchase, for obvious reasons. Anyway, this was a popular thread way back, and seeing as how I just bought some DVDs recently, I thought it would be fun to bring it back.

Why did I buy DVD's?  Because each one had at least 8 films, either with classic camp value or straight-up great films/creators, in the $5 bin.  Even for public domain, I think it's worth it to have on hand.

Yes, that is the Tarantino/Rodriguez film that Shadow doesn't like at the bottom.   How the fuck Echo Bridge got their hands on such a popular film, I'll never know, especially since there's no way it's public domain so soon.

I haven't watched any of these films, but I'm never one to turn down a cult series thats managed to go on this long.

Yes, they're all probably public domain, but that doesn't mean I would have found them without looking for them.  This gives me plenty of incentive to see them- the fact that they'll be sitting in my PS2 forever- and that's good enough for me with someone like Hitchcock.

Doomed Knight

the alst DVDs I bought were both Sherlock Holmes.

awesome movies.

Chucky

Last time I came home with the following blurays:

Drive
American Pie: The Reunion
The Castle
Your Highness
Friday the 13th (remake)
Fright Night (remake)

JasonzSon

Any remarkable features on either of the last two, out of curiosity?

Crash Dummie

Planet Terror and Sin City.

I've never watched them.

JasonzSon

The fact that they split Planet Terror and Death Proof still saddens me.

MadMatt2185

I agree with that last statement, and the fact that they got rid of the trailers due to that. Last time I was out I also got that Puppet Master Kill Joy collection. With it I got
Godzilla VS Biollante,
Day the Earth Stood Still (Original and remake set)
a bible sized collection of H.P. Lovecraft.
The BBC Narnia TV collection,
infamous 2,
And Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage.

gorefan1428

kill joy ughh  don't put your self through it guys over an hour of your life you will never get back and i can't imagine the sequels are any better [*no*]

Last dvd's i bought were the die hard collection which has 1-3

don't buy many any more mostly due to the net and netflix.

MadMatt2185

I have netflix too, but I'll be damned if I will give up years of collecting my library of movies (currently godzilla is covering almost the entire back of it's own small shrine with figures. Then there are two stacks about foot and half tall in front of my entertainment system, then the rest of my computer desk and about quarter of my dresser is covered in them.)

gorefan1428

Quote from: MadMatt2185 on March 16, 2013, 11:54:02 AM
I have netflix too, but I'll be damned if I will give up years of collecting my library of movies (currently godzilla is covering almost the entire back of it's own small shrine with figures. Then there are two stacks about foot and half tall in front of my entertainment system, then the rest of my computer desk and about quarter of my dresser is covered in them.)

I just had to stop was running out of room.

it was either stop buying dvd's or video games, video games just hold more value  [*deal*]

MadMatt2185

Heh, I haven't had a job in 4 years and I still do both unless it's PC then well, there is this thing called Steam. $30 games for about $5? Ya I'll keep my eyes peeled.

JasonzSon

I haven't shared these yet, but I picked them both up earlier this month:
Photo: Here it is!  3 more movies than I expected for a total of 8, plus biographical features of Honda Ishiro, Ifukube Akira, Tsubaraya Eiji, Tanaka Tomoyuki and six audio commentaries.

Crash Dummie

I bought every Stark Trek movies on Bluray, and I intend to get "Into Darkness" as well when it comes out and the price drops a little.