Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

I’m back!

Started by LMS, December 28, 2020, 06:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMS

Hey you all!
It's me, Akasha.
I had to register again because I forgot my password and have a new email address now.
It's been forever.
You can call me Little miss Simpson now, or little Moe Szyslak, whatver you prefer [*winkgrin*]
I've missed this forum!
How's everyone dealing with the whole pandemic?
Hope all of you are healthy and safe
Love!
Kash x

Jigsaw

[*winkgrin*]

Great to see you back.

I've not yet gotten COVID, despite working in retail (in a state where half the people don't like wearing masks because "freedom"), so all on that front is good so far. Doing moderately well, but hoping to improve over this next year.

Hope that all's been going well with you too.

Akasha

Thanks Jiggy!
The weirdest thing happened. The boards probably triggered this old brain.
I tried another password and it worked!
So yeah, everything okay over here.
Currently home for the holidays. Not seeing much family or friends...
but we're all safe.

Can't wait to hear from you all again!
[*deal*]

Ah these emoji's take me back...

Chucky

Not a whole lot of people here right now... message boards are no longer "in". Now it's all about social media... to be honest, that probably makes me a dumbass for not keeping up with the times but, I still prefer the old boards. It's a little more intimate way of talking about movies rather than posting with random people all over the place.

Anyhoo, Dorkus came back to post something, but he might not be back again very quickly. Every now and then Shadow will post something. L-Face randomly came back to post something but seems that was a once-off. Eh... would be nice for others to post more often but I get it. Everyone is older now, doing their own stuff, living their lives.

Jigsaw

Chucky's completely right, but that said, don't let his negative viewpoints scare you away - a lot has happened in the genre since you've been here, so I'm sort of curious what some of your favorite films are from the last five to ten years have been.

Akasha

Yeah, I can get Chucky's point of view as well.
I miss the old boards too, but we're still here!
We are getting older, but I love the nostalgia,
Social media can never compare... He brought us all together and I will never forget that.
I've been in touch with some of the old gang and it feels nice.
It makes me feel safe in this already fucked up world...
I have come to known my real friends this year. I can truly say I can count them on one hand.
And I'm grateful for that. At least I know who values me and who doesn't.
This place just feel like home.

I will try to list up some of my favorite movies from the last decade.
But as in life I tend to go back to movies I have seen a million times.
Sometimes it's just as a background when I'm trying to chill out.
I'm obsessed with The Witch though.
After the second watch I really fell in love with the whole story, cinematography,...
Amazing!

Oh and Happy Newyear to you all! Let's leave this shithole of a year behind us and focus on the good! Much love to all my gorehounds!

Chucky

Jiggy and I have been keeping busy with podcasts, mostly movie reviews. The YouTube channel is slowly growing.

Akasha

Awesome! What's the Youtube Channel? I'd love to join!

gorefan1428

welcome back. Hope all has been well.

Akasha

Hey both!
I'm still working on that list... Lol!
Life you know, all has been well, not always the easiest, but I can guess we're all in the same boat...

gorefan1428

Quote from: Akasha on February 14, 2021, 08:36:12 AM
Hey both!
I'm still working on that list... Lol!
Life you know, all has been well, not always the easiest, but I can guess we're all in the same boat...

good to hear youre doing well.
yeah the last few years have been crazy for most i think with all this stuff going around.

Shadow

Kash! I had always wondered what happened to our nicest member!

Quote from: Chucky on December 29, 2020, 06:37:12 PM
Not a whole lot of people here right now... message boards are no longer "in". Now it's all about social media... to be honest, that probably makes me a dumbass for not keeping up with the times but, I still prefer the old boards. It's a little more intimate way of talking about movies rather than posting with random people all over the place.
Social media is all basically AIDS. I'm with you on this one- I definitely prefer the old forum-type of communication.

I've got my password saved to my browser, as well as my phone, so hopefully that will keep me posting more regularly.