Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Movies that bring back memories

Started by gorefan1428, March 10, 2013, 11:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorefan1428

So what are some movies horror or non that bring back memories both good and bad for you and why?

Christmas vacation which is one of my favorite non horror films is a movie that always seems to make my day better after i watch it.

Not only is it just one of those feel good classic films, i have memories of watching it with my grandparents every christmas while growing up.

Crash Dummie

Astérix and Cleopatra.

It came out in 1968 I believe. My dad watched it when he was 8, and watched it with me when I was a kid too. Many, many times. Such a fun cartoon.

Doomed Knight

DeraiLer

An old movie called Dot and the Kangaroo still has one scene that gives me chills. It used to make me shit myself now it just...

well I still shit myself.

Look at your own peril!

JasonzSon

Freddy vs Jason probably counts.  The advertising for this film is what introduced me to horror in the first place.  Sure, I had seen the odd horror movie, but all of a sudden there are advertisements for these two killers that I had only ever heard kids talk about on Halloween, and that seemed extremely cool when I asked anybody about them.  I used to spend every moment I could on the internet researching Freddy and Jason, until I came across this site about "The fights you've been dying to see" and the rest, as they say, is history.

Pretty much any of the anime that I watched as children- Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon; I can pick apart all of their movies, but I still love them, nostalgically if nothing else.

I don't want to go on a full list, but any horror film that I watched and remember well from 2006-2007, just because the amount and type of films I was watching during that time was heavily influenced by the events of my life at the time.  This goes for earlier eras of my life as well, but especially those two years.

Shadow

That acid trip of a scene from Dumbo. Also the donkey scene in Pinocchio.

Not good memories, I might add.

JasonzSon

Had a bad acid trip when you were younger?

Midian Fiend

I used to watch labyrinth and creepshow at my grandmothers. She started me on a life long love of horror and fantasy movies. Still like to watch labyrinth......those pants [*yes*]

Crash Dummie

L-Face

There are so many movies that hold a special place in my heart. All of which bring back good memories. To this day, if I ever see them listed on the TV guide, I will stop what I'm doing and watch them. Hell, if they're on demand, I will watch them multiple times. The list includes, and is not limited to:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Hook
The Wizard of Oz
Last Action Hero
The People Under the Stairs
Labyrinth
Return to Oz
The Lost Boys
Young Frankenstein
Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles
A Nightmare on Elm Street

The list goes on and on. The movies above made up my childhood. Good times.  [*yes*]

Doomed Knight

13th Warrior,
Braveheart
The Patriot

I've easily watched them over 30 times. no kidding.

in my 13th warrior case I mark everytime time I watch it, and I'm at 36.

Shadow

Quote from: Doomed Knight on March 13, 2013, 09:41:01 PMThe Patriot
My old history professor would literally stab you in the eye.

Doomed Knight

sweet, just in time, I'm in need of money right now.

Dorkus

Count me in the Labyrinth group. I knew all the songs...still do.