Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Reaching out to older members

Started by gorefan1428, May 25, 2020, 10:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorefan1428

Anyone have a way to reach out to some of the other older members to try to get them back to the boards?

or even bring in some new ones for that matter.

Would be nice to see F.E. off life support and hopping again.

Shadow

I have De's number, so I still talk with him every now and again. I had a business meeting a year or so ago in Ohio and tried to get into contact with L again, too, to see if he wanted to meet up- but never heard back. I also have your number (unless that one is outdated)... but that is the extent of my FE-external communications since all my old IMs are toast.

gorefan1428

hell reach out to who you can.
That number is probably out dated

Jigsaw

It's one of those situations in which you can't drag a horse to water.

If I recall, De had a pretty good reason for not being more active (he didn't watch horror nearly as much as he used to), and if that's true for multiple members across the board, while we can try and let them know we're still going, I don't want to be in the position to shame anyone into getting back on. If they want to be a more active participant, then it's all good and well, but if they're not really watching horror anymore, then it's a decent reason to retire from forums like this.

Shadow

While I came originally to the boards for the horror movies back in the day I pretty much stayed for the community.

Hell, if I remember correctly, Kash wasn't really HUGE into watching horror movies as much as the bulk of us were- but she was one of the larger posters.

It'd be interesting to have like a "where are they now- 10 years later" sort of thing. Maybe play Layla.

Chucky

That bitch-ass De don't want none of this. Last communication I had from him was an email on 28th December 2017 in which he mentioned he got Rawhead Rex on bluray. I said multiple times in the conversation to come back, says he forgot his password... weak excuse but if he don't wanna come back, then whatever I guess.  [*odd*]

gorefan1428

Quote from: Jigsaw on May 25, 2020, 05:28:24 PM
It's one of those situations in which you can't drag a horse to water.

If I recall, De had a pretty good reason for not being more active (he didn't watch horror nearly as much as he used to), and if that's true for multiple members across the board, while we can try and let them know we're still going, I don't want to be in the position to shame anyone into getting back on. If they want to be a more active participant, then it's all good and well, but if they're not really watching horror anymore, then it's a decent reason to retire from forums like this.

im not talking about begging people or harassing them to come back.

just a little contact message saying some of us or posting again some never stopped we'd like to have you back sort of deal with maybe a link to the forums.

i think it would only take 10 or so counting the 4 of us to get things rolling again and maybe add some new faces.

Jigsaw

I'm all down with that. I never had any contact info with anyone, but if you can pull a few people back, that'd definitely be cool.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Jigsaw on May 26, 2020, 06:28:36 AM
I'm all down with that. I never had any contact info with anyone, but if you can pull a few people back, that'd definitely be cool.

me either
But maybe we can get chuck to get off his arse and send out a mass email or something  [*browwink*]

Shadow

He's done it a few times in the past... problem is that there was little to no return on it. There are a lot of different reasons that could be the case, but I think that one of the big things could be that the e-mails that are registered to the old guys now may no longer be valid. They may not even exist anymore.

Facebook might be the only real option I could think of in order to reach out to some of them- not terribly difficult since the main people pretty much knew each other by name anyhow, and were friends there. Impossible for me, though, since I got rid of my account years ago.

Chucky

Yeah, the last time I sent a mass email out, I don't think we had a single person immediately return. We did get a couple who came back, just at random times, posted once or twice and then vanished again (probably due to the overall inactivity of the forum).

I do have some old FE members on Facebook... namely Crash and JasonzSon (Jizzle mah nizzle) and I know quite a few of them do follow our FB page... but FB can suck my wang. I only use it because it might bring some attention to the site. I one day wish Facebook would collapse so everyone comes flooding back to sites like these.  [*hehehmm*]

gorefan1428

L-Face

Quote from: Shadow on May 25, 2020, 02:42:47 PM
I have De's number, so I still talk with him every now and again. I had a business meeting a year or so ago in Ohio and tried to get into contact with L again, too, to see if he wanted to meet up- but never heard back. I also have your number (unless that one is outdated)... but that is the extent of my FE-external communications since all my old IMs are toast.
There was a lot going on at the time. I was hitting the bottle heavy, in a depression, and my mom found out she had cancer.

Just wanted to say that had I been in a better headspace, I would have gotten in touch with you.

Chucky

Well, holy shit... look who it is...

...it's T Boone Pickens.

SteelWoolSheep

I randomly checked last.fm today and saw a comment from a guy who used to post here (lyric17? anyone remember him?) and led me back down the rabbit hole to here.

Sup sluts.