Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Crash's Artsy Farts

Started by Crash Dummie, February 26, 2013, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash Dummie

I went to wrestling school for 3 months, about 3 years ago. I warned everyone in advance that I would be moving out soon, and didn't expect anything to come out of it, but that I wanted to experience it and be treated like every other trainee.

It was awesome, and I got really strong and resilient from the training.

Now I'm soft and content not really doing any sports, but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss wrestling a little bit.

EDIT: While we're on the subject, here's my take on a cleaner WWE logo.

Dorkus

That's cool that they were respectful. You often hear a lot of horror stories about wrestling schools.

Crash Dummie

Oh, I heard them all right.

I've been told many guys come in thinking they're the shit. I've actually seen a few of them during these 3 months.

I've always been tall, semi-athletic, and playing sports with varying degrees of success (Never a whole lot of success actually). I knew I would be able to do what I was asked, but I had nothing to brag about.

But some guys who are way better athletes than I am don't last for a day. They think that because they're big and strong, played the WWE games and threw their friends around in snow or on a trampoline, that they know everything and that it will be easy. These guys don't expect that just about everything they do will hurt, and if they complain, you can bet that someone will make sure that their next chop or bump will hurt even more.

I left my first training session not being able to lift my arms, a painful back and rope/mat burn all over my body. And I enjoyed every second of it. But big meatheads who think wrestling is all fake call quits as soon as they find out the mat isn't made of cushy pillows.

This reminds me of a guy that trained with us. I think his name was Joey. Joey had the meathead attitude, but he was short and flabby. He kept complaining and he was careless. Never wanted to take any offense, only wanted to give it. When we were practicing a Battle Royal type brawl once, I got him to the corner and chopped him really hard. He actually stopped the match for a second and complained to the trainer. Everyone laughed at him, and it was glorious.

JasonzSon

Lots of kids our age grew up thinking they were smaller versions of Steve Austin.  I bet those who made it into a wrestling school got a rude awakening.

Crash Dummie

Deservedly so. When you need to thrust your opponent or partner with your life, you don't need a little shithead who only cares about doing chokeslams.

JasonzSon

That's not true!  They care even more at telling everyone they meet to "suck it"!

Crash Dummie

The trainers have two words for them: Get Out!

Shadow

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 27, 2013, 07:01:45 AMDeservedly so. When you need to thrust your opponent or partner with your life, you don't need a little shithead who only cares about doing chokeslams.
I'm dying now, thanks. [*laugh*]

Crash Dummie

A sketch I did this morning.

I think I'll color this one.

L-Face

With the way the trees are bending, it kinda looks like they went along with the momentum of Hulk swinging his arms back. Whether that was intentional or not, it's a cool little detail.

Crash Dummie

Intentional. It would make no logical sense in the real world, but neither would the Hulk.

Crash Dummie

Shadow

L-Face

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he doesn't simply because every time I see him post on FB, it's something super hipster-ish and as far as I know, hipsters don't draw comics.......MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

Crash Dummie

Hipsters are too mainstream man.

Quote from: Shadow on June 01, 2013, 09:54:45 AM
You still do any comics?
I haven't really done any Slashers since FE went down a few years ago.

I'd like to get back to doing them someday.