Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Film Series with Seven Entries

Started by JasonzSon, February 24, 2013, 12:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

Okay guys, we did the longest horror film series we could think of.  How about series with 7 entries?  So far I've actually come up with less series than 8 or 9 films had, but I imagine there are some I haven't found yet.

• Hammer Productions Frankenstein
  • Saw
  • Leprechaun
  • Godzilla Heisei Series
Note: Counting only official sequels, the Nightmare on Elm Street series would also belong on this list

Would you guys count Alien (4 films, 2 versus and a spin-off)?

Chucky

What's the seventh movie in the Leprechaun series?

JasonzSon

A film that may or may not exist, seeing as how closer inspection reveals it's supposed to come out next month.  Anybody ever see a trailer for "Leprechaun: Origins"?

Chucky

IMDb doesn't even have a year with it, which suggests it may never exist. Don't think you can count a movie until it's been released.

JasonzSon

No, that's why I crossed it off.  I didn't think Wikipedia would count something that wasn't definitely coming, either, but that's what I get for browsing Wikipedia instead of looking closely at each entry.

L-Face

Leprechaun: Origins, if it's the movie I'm thinking about, is a reboot. It was announced sometime last year and apparently WWE is helping to produce it along with Lionsgate. It stars the bane of wrestling fans existence, Hornswoggle.  [*no*]

JasonzSon

Oh okay, I thought it was a prequel.  Wikipedia pretty much has the announcement Hornswoggle would appear in it and a date for March of this year (clearly not happening) and that's about it.

JasonzSon

If we only remove Abbott and Costello, Universal's run of Frankenstein should be here as well.  That is, counting the crossover.