Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Playstation 4 Unveiling/Conference

Started by L-Face, February 22, 2013, 02:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

Anyone else watch this last night and feel super underwhelmed by the whole thing? While some of the games shown off looked good, others looked surprisingly dull. I'm looking at you, Kill Zone! The one thing that really piqued my interest was the way the one developer integrated the Move controls (can't believe that's a sentence I'm typing) with something that looked a lot like Zbrush. That actually looked really cool. Other than that, it was pretty dull with a bunch of non news. Though, I did get a kick out of the Japanese developers trying to speak English. Was compelled to quote Team America throughout their entire speech.

Doomed Knight

yeah watched it too... and it left me with a strange feeling of... meh.

well in fact with any other new console I'm like that, I'm a big fan of RPGs and there's less and less of it.

and if there is, they are bad.

so unless they make good RPGs with it, I won't buy it.

Crash Dummie

I'm at a point where I don't care about any gaming announcement. I like games. It's fun to push buttons and make stuff happen.

It was fun 30 years ago, it's fun now, and it'll be fun in the future as well. Gimmicks and better graphics will come and go, and that's fine, it's the way it should be. But at the end of the day, I'll only care about the good games, no matter the era.

EDIT: This looks pretty cool actually.

Doomed Knight

haha, Graphics... I don't care either, especially since the best games were on SNES imo.

but graphics never is in my opinions, I want story

Crash Dummie

Everything is important in a game, but appeal is a bigger deal than technical wonder, 100 hours of gameplay, or a huge branching storyline.

Final Fantasy 13 sucks sweaty balls, but technically, it looks amazing, has a complex story, plays well and sounds great. You could spend dozen of hours on it, but it's wretched.

30 Flights of Loving lasts about 7 minutes, has no dialogue, plays like out of order flashbacks, has blocky characters, there's no way to change or impact anything in the game, the music is minimal... yet it's one of the best game I've ever played, and one of the best told stories I've ever experienced. I'll never forget it and it had a deep impact on me.

L-Face

Quote from: Doomed Knight on February 22, 2013, 02:11:19 AM
yeah watched it too... and it left me with a strange feeling of... meh.

well in fact with any other new console I'm like that, I'm a big fan of RPGs and there's less and less of it.

and if there is, they are bad.

so unless they make good RPGs with it, I won't buy it.
I think the only RPGs that were announced are another Final Fantasy game and I believe Capcom's "Deep Down" is going to be an RPG game.

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 22, 2013, 02:14:03 AM
EDIT: This looks pretty cool actually.

Watch Dogs does look interesting, I won't lie. But the demo they showed during the conference last night wasn't as good as the one they showed last year, in my opinion.

Doomed Knight

yeah but I'm getting tired of Final Fantasy... since Eleven...

but who knows.

first I'l have to be interested in at least 5 games to get a PS4

was the same for the 3DS. now that 3 of my favorites games are on it, I'll buy one.

L-Face

Once E3 rolls around, I'm sure there will be more offers on the table for the PS4 in terms of games.

Forgot to mention, the Square Enix tech demo from last night's conference pissed me off. I don't usually bitch about shaky came, but good lord! That gave me a severe headache.

Dorkus

I still don't think we even need to move up a gen of consoles yet. There's still plenty of mileage left in the current gen.

And I'm only partly saying that because I'm broke.

JasonzSon

I followed the news from some people I know who were watching it.  Seems pretty lackluster all around.

Eh, I'll probably experience a PS3 when my future roommates buy one; PS4 eventually after that.

Shadow

I didn't watch it. Considering I don't plan on buying it, and there have never really been any PS exclusives that have ever interested me, I don't really care.

SUCK IT CHUKE!

JasonzSon

I would disagree with you harder if, by all accounts, Final Fantasy 13 wasn't terrible.

L-Face

In fairness, Final Fantasy has never really been Sony exclusive.

Also, they do have some pretty good titles. God of War and InFAMOUS to name a few.

JasonzSon

They've been Sony exclusive since #7, although I believe 13 came out on multiple consoles.

Doomed Knight

I'm a Fan on Final Fantasy and above 10, I don't like them. 12 was le less worst I'd say.

I'm playing 13 just to get through it because it's a FF

and Yes, FF 13 came out on Ps3 and X360 (4 CDs, lol)